This is Kind of Romantic

After drying off and redressing, they used what food they had to pull together some dinner. It was starting to get a little chilly so they built a small fire and sat huddled on a log next to it. Arms tangled around each other.

They sat like this for a while until Bakugou got up to retrieve the map. He unfolded it over their laps to see their progress. "So I think this is us here. What do you think?" He asked, pointing to the lake on the map.

"Yeah, that looks right," Kirishima agreed.

"So there looks like a river winds it's way through here, I think if we make our way there tomorrow and follow it for the day we'll have less of a chance of getting lost," Bakugou stated matter-of-flactly.

"Good plan, it looks like we covered a pretty decent distance today so we might even get to here to set up camp tomorrow." Kirishima indicated on the map.

"Yeah, looks like a long day. We should probably get some sleep," Bakugou said.

They put out the fire before zipping themselves into the tent. They cuddled close under the sleeping bag. "So how was your first time skinny dipping?" Bakugou asked.

Kirishima snorted. "Not bad, I guess."

"Asshole," Bakugou grumbled.

They woke early the next day and packed up quickly so they could get started early.

They had almost made their way to the river when a noise caught their attention from the trees on their right. Kirishima instinctively threw out his arm to stop Bakugou as something flew out of the tree line in front of them.

"Is that..." Bakugou started but was cut off by a loud crash.

"Dark Shadow!" Kirishima blurted. "That must mean Tokoyami and Shoji are here. But what the hell are they running from!?"

Dark Shadow emerged fully from the brush attached to Tokoyami with Shoji quickly behind, they barely registered the other boys before what was chasing them followed.

A machine that looked like an oversized, prehistoric bird chased them. Claws outstretched. The two boys threw down their packs and burst into action, Kirishima running underneath it with his body hardened to place some well timed hits to its legs and Bakugou bursting into the air with an explosion to attack from above.

The other pair realised they had help and turned to face the attacker head on.

Working as a team, they were able to bring the machine down eventually. All four stood panting as it finally crashed to the ground.

Kirishima locked eyes with Bakugou who had a feral grin on his face. He smiled at how well they had worked as a team. His eyes darted over his body, checking for injury and found a cut on his forearm.

He rushed over to him and gripped his hand. "You're hurt! Let me see."

"I'm fine you idiot, it's just a scratch," Bakugou said, but it held no viscous intent. It sounded almost intimate, like a private conversation.

A voice cleared behind them and Kirishima spun around, quickly dropping Bakugou's hand. "Ah, what way are you guys headed?" He asked to distract from the awkward moment.

"We will continue on across the river toward the tree cover, it's best for Dark Shadow in the shade provided by the trees. Where are you going?" Tokoyami replied.

"We're staying on the river for a bit, follow it through the hills." Kirishima nodded at their plan. "Seen anyone else?"

"No actually, you two are the first. It's not surprising though, considering the size of this area," Shoji said.

"We should keep going, we've all lost a lot of time fighting that thing," Bakugou injected into the conversation.

"Yes, you're right, we should. We'll see you at the end," Tokoyami replied, already turning away to pull his pack back on. He seemed eager to get out of the bright sun.

As the two of them were alone again they continued on toward the river, the sound of the water getting louder as they neared it.

"We work well together, Red." Bakugou blurted out of nowhere as if the words escaped his mouth of their own volition.

Kirishima beamed. "Was that a compliment I heard, Katsuki?" He teased.

"You heard what I said," Bakugou grunted and Kirishima couldn't control his grin.

"God, I can practically feel your smile, Shitty Hair."

Kirishima scoffed, "Can not, I'm not even smiling." But Bakugou spun around and caught the look on his face and cocked an eyebrow in challenge. Kirishima just erupted into a burst of giggles.

Bakugou turned back around muttering, "Insufferable," under his breath.

By late afternoon they had followed the river between two hills and both of them were tired and getting a little crabby. "I think we should go up here to look, make sure we're where we think we are," Kirishima offered, pointing up the hill.

"I know where I'm going, Kirishima," Bakugou bluntly replied.

"Did I say you didn't, Ba-ku-gou?" Kirishima fired back.

"Then why do we have to climb a fucking hill just to see that I already know where I'm going?" Bakugou shot back.

"It seemed like a good idea and the hill probably has a NICE VIEW," Kirishima raised his voice a bit on the last words.

"Are you seriously yelling at me about sight seeing, Red!?" Bakugou asked.

Kirishima bit off his reply when he realised how ridiculous the whole argument was. He started to laugh. "Yeah, I guess I am. Sorry, Kat, I think I'm just hungry and a bit tired. I shouldn't have taken it out on you."

To his surprise, Bakugou laughed as well. "I'm sorry too. It's actually a good idea. Let's eat something then we can set up camp for the night on the top of the hill. If anything tries to attack in the night at least it won't get the jump on us."

After they ate, they walked to the top of the hill and set up their camp site. Kirishima was right, the view was amazing, they could see for miles across the trees.

Kiri grabbed one of their sleeping bags and spread it out outside of their tent where they plopped down and watched the sky turn from orange to purple and finally black. They watched as the shadows from the trees lengthened and eventually faded away in the darkness.

They sat comfortably after the day they had and enjoyed each other's company, talking quietly.

Bakugou eventually laid back, looking up at the stars and pulled Kirishima down so his head laid against his shoulder. He pointed out the planets that they could see and a couple of constellations he remembered.

"This is kinda romantic isn't it?" Kirishima breathed out.

Bakugou huffed a laugh. "What gave you that idea, Red?" He replied sarcastically but followed it with, "Yeah, it's nice."

"I love you, Kat," Kirishima said as he turned and propped himself up on an elbow. He leaned down and pressed his lips to his.

Bakugou pushed back to say, "I love you too" before he pulled him back down.

Their kiss started out gently before desire took over and their tongues grew bolder, eliciting soft groans and moans from the other.

Kirishima pulled back a little, bringing some calm back to the kiss. He could feel the change in Katsuki too, his kisses were softer, longer and his hands were running slowly over his body.

Kirishima looked down at him to speak in a thick voice. "Kat, I don't want our first time to be in our dorm, and I don't want it to be in one of our bedrooms, trying to keep quiet so we don't get caught." He looked at his face and watched as it went through a series of expressions as his words sank in.

He continued before he lost his nerve, "I want it to be somewhere private and romantic..." he trailed off and looked down.

"Somewhere kinda like this?" Bakugou finished for him.

Kirishima nodded shyly, nervous again. "We don't have the things we need though so maybe we can plan a trip somewhere like this soon."