That Could Have Been Worse

The bus trip home was mostly uneventful, they had been woken up early and were almost back at school by the time Kirishima would usually be waking up and everyone was still too tired to do much more than stare out the windows.

Kirishima perked up though when he heard Aizawa speak up, "Seeing as though you all finished earlier than expected, there are no classes scheduled for today." The bus pulled into the school and they all excitedly jumped off. They could basically have a three day weekend.

Kirishima leaned into Bakugou as they walked toward their dorms. "Got any ideas for what to do today?"

Bakugou's gaze slid to him out the side of his eye and he smirked. "Not any that would be appropriate for school."

Kirishima's eyes widened and he pushed at his boyfriend's shoulder. "You can't just say stuff like that!" but he was laughing as he said it. "I was wondering if you wanted to come over next weekend? I have to go with my mom to see her sister this weekend but you're probably pretty sick of me anyway, we've been stuck together all week."

Bakugou turned to look at him. "This your way of saying you're sick of me, Shitty Hair?"

"What!? No! I'm definitely not sick of you. I just know how you like quiet and I'm, well, not," Kirishima rushed to stop him worrying.

"Red, I know you're loud, yeah it grates on my nerves sometimes but I'm not about to tell you to stop being you," Bakugou said as they reached the door to Kirishima's dorm. "Put your shit away and come watch a movie with me." Then he mumbled, "I wanna cuddle in a real bed."

Kirishima just caught what he said and laughed quietly as he shook his head and went into his own room.

Kirishima didn't want to go home for the weekend but he knew he had promised to and promises to your mom were too manly to break. So he reluctantly left school on Friday night and made the trip home, making sure to stuff his red dragon into his bag as he left.

His thoughts were stuck on a certain blonde boy though. They had lazed in bed all day on Friday, both too tired to do much else but it had a new level of comfort that went with it. They talked and laughed and teased and when they were quiet, it was an easy silence. Kirishima just felt happy and he could tell Bakugou felt the same.

His weekend dragged by but he messaged Bakugou every chance he got. A toothy smile lit up his face whenever a new message came through.

Bakugou was experiencing a similar thing that night, he was at home with his parents but had his eyes glued to his phone as he messaged Kirishima. He must have been smiling without realising it and his mom caught onto it.

"Katsuki! What are you smiling about? I didn't know you knew how to smile you little punk!" Mitsuki yelled out to him.

"Shut up you old hag!" Bakugou yelled back.

"Shut it you little shit! It's your fault you don't smile. Always yelling instead!" His mom returned.

Katsuki's dad entered the room then and he tried to quiet the yelling. "Would you two give it a rest already? Who are you texting son? Looks like they're putting a smile on your face, it's nice to see."

Katsuki huffed, he might as well tell them "My fucking boyfriend ok!? Got a problem with that!?"

Both of his parents froze and turned to look at him. "Your boyfriend?"

"What's his name?"

"Kirishima," Bakugou shot back quickly.

"Oh you fought him at the sports festival, right?"

Wait, they actually remembered that shit? "Yeah," he said a bit quietly.

"Seems like a strong kid. If he makes you smile, Katsuki then hold onto him," Mitsuki said and returned to watching tv.

"So you don't give a fuck that I'm gay or whatever?" Bakugou asked.

Masaru came over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder that Bakugou tried to shrug off. "As parents, all we want is what's best for you. Even if it doesn't always seem that way. Does this boy make you happy?"

Katsuki nodded once, his ears getting a hint of pink to them.

"Then no, we don't care that you're gay, son," his dad confirmed.

Well, that could have gone worse.

He got up and went to his room after that and messaged Kirishima back. He added on what had just happened. 'Parents know about you. About us'.

A reply came back almost instantly 'How'd it go?'

'Probably better than yours to be honest. They don't care. Seemed happy. At least mine didn't give me a sex talk' Bakugou replied.

Kirishima and his mom had gotten home an hour ago and he was in bed watching videos on his phone. He groaned as he read the message remembering his moms safe sex talk. 'Ugh don't remind me. Well it's too late for that now anyway' he sent back.

Bakugou huffed out a laugh 'Guess so. Not like we aren't gonna do it again though'.

Kirishima bit his lip as he read the message that lit up his phone. How often did guys their age have sex? He knew Bakugou wanted to try switching who did what but how did they work out who would do what most of the time. He fiddled with his stuffed dragon as he thought.

He realised he hadn't replied when another message came through 'Stop overthinking, Red' .

'Sorry, I'm not really sure how this all works is all' Kirishima sent back.

Bakugou smirked at the message. Kirishima could be fucking adorable sometimes 'I'm pretty sure you knew exactly how it worked the other night'.

Kirishima huffed out a laugh 'Not what I meant and you know it'.

'We'll work it out, love. Lots of opportunities to practice' was all Bakugou sent back but Kirishima felt a bit of relief at the words. Bakugou didn't have any expectations or demands. Whether Bakugou knew it or not, he always had the words Kirishima needed.