The Alpha's Bodyguard pt.5

"I can walk you know." Taehyung muttered into Jungkook's ear as they walked down the corridor towards his office a few days later.

"Please Kook, have mercy! I won't be able to walk for weeks!" Jungkook put on a silly voice and imitated his omega. "Sound familiar?" He smirked, looking back at Tae who was pulling a huffy face.

"Nope, no idea who that could be." He squeezed his arms tight around Jungkook's neck.

"Oh so you're into asphyxiation? Hmm we can try it a few times but I'm unsure." Jungkook couldn't help himself and laughed. Taehyung squirmed out of his arms and kicked Kook's ass.

"Dick." He shook his head, flipping his hair and walked ahead. The office was empty after the attack the other day, Jungkook didn't want any employees in the building until they were fully sure the company wasn't in danger. Only a handful of employees were Jungkook's beta's, the rest were all humans.

"So, that diner shop owner and his - husband?" Taehyung was asking. Jungkook nodded in acknowledgement. "He was your old second in command?"

"He still is technically but Hoseok is currently training to take over. Namjoon and Jin wanted to start a family so I didn't want either of them to have too much pressure so I let Joon take a step back. I only really go to him in emergencies now, like the other day." Jungkook kicked away some of the broken glass from near the door and looked around at his trashed office. There was a plastic sheet covering the window which flapped where it was loose in the wind.

"Right. Hoseok is the secretary I met, but he doesn't like being called a secretary." Taehyung listed off, trying to remember the important names of his new pack. "I haven't met Yoongi and Jimin, right?"

"Yes. They're stationed at the Busan branch."

"Your pack isn't very close." Taehyung realised.

"They're close emotionally. They're my Betas and the majority of the pack is spread around Seoul, some further away. I don't force them to live together or stuff like that but everyone knows to have each other's back. We're still family even though we're not together. You will probably never meet most of them, probably only my beta's but that doesn't matter. As long as I have you." Jungkook smiled at Taehyung who had dragged the shot up desk back to it's original position and was sat behind it.

The hairs on the back of both their necks suddenly raised and Jungkook stared straight at Taehyung.

Before Jungkook could warn Tae, bodies came crashing through the window, sending glass showering over the pair. Jungkook tried to get to Taehyung but he was grabbed by the back of his jacket and pulled into the arms of the biggest.

Tae backed against the wall, luckily their attention wasn't on him, just on Kook.

"This is the alpha?" Ji-Hoon spat at Jungkook. "He's a kid. Where's the actual wolf in charge? I know he's here..."

Jungkook tilted his head as he recognised the one holding him and the other stood back. He assumed the arrogant one mocking him was Ji-Hoon, the first one he was going to kill.

Ji-Hoon cast a glance around the office and scoffed when he saw Taehyung.

"Taking in my left overs I see. He's a useless waste of space. Maybe I'll do you the favour of killing him for you..." Ji-hoon went to go towards Taehyung but Jungkook flung his head back, cracking the big guy's nose making him stumble in surprise so Kook could leap forward and kick the back of Ji-Hoon's leg, making him fall to the floor.

"You'll stay the fuck away." Jungkook pulled his jacket off and stood between Taehyung and the three alphas. "You're not here for him. What do you want?" He growled. His wolf was rising to the surface, his voice low and gravelly, eyes glowing amber.