Chapter 6

[A/N This is a small edit that I made for Shadows which you can see on my Instagram x my Instagram is alecangelic. I hope you guys liked it <3.]

"Wait. what?" I asked shocked. Jace walked towards me. I was in shock. I had never been this confused in my whole life. What was going on?

"You are my sister." Jace said with a big smile on his face and I shook my head. I don't have a family.

"It's impossible. I don't have a family. They didn't want me. They abandoned me." I said in confusion. Jace had tears in his eyes.

"I am so sorry that you were alone..." He said softly.

"No, Jace you don't understand it. They abandoned me. This is impossible." I denied and Jace shook his head.

"They were after you, Clary. The shadows. Our parents needed to hide you. It was to keep you safe from everything but you are here now. I will protect you." Jace said and hugged me. I heard him cry and I had tears in my eyes. I was still confused. It all sounded too good to be true.

Jace held me tight and didn't let go off me for at least three minutes. He was afraid.

"Jace?" I heard a women ask. Jace pulled out of the hug and turned around to face her. When she saw me she gasped in shock and so did I.

Simon's mothers friend, Jocelyn was standing in front of me. Why was she here? I haven't seen her around lately. She had a massive argument with Simon's mother and she never came back to visit us.

"Clary?" She asked in shock.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me. Before I could say anything Jace looked at her and smiled at her.

"Mum, Clary is my sister. She is Clarrisa Fairchild." Jace said happy and I gasped in shock when Jace's his words left his mouth. He called Jocelyn his mother, which meant that I was her daughter.

She looked at me and smiled.

"Did Elaine finally told you?" She asked me. I looked at her in confusion, not really sure what she meant. What did Simon's mother need to tell me?

"She finally told you about us." She said happy and walked towards me and gave me a hug. She let go of me and looked at me.

"What?" I asked and Jace looked at our mother. He looked furious and disappointed at the same time and I was still trying to figure out what was going on.

"She never told you..." She whispered. I could feel the heat in the room go up. My cheeks were burning up and I was starting to get angry.

"You knew the whole time where I was?" I asked with a harsh tone and my mother looked at me and I could see that she regrets everything she said. If it was up to her, she wouldn't even tell me.

"Clary-" I cut her off.

"And you didn't even care?!" I screamed at her and she just looked at me.

"You knew that I used to cry every night after I got my nightmares! You knew how alone I felt and you didn't even care!" I shouted at her and tears were streaming down my cheeks. My own mother did this to me.

All the respect I had for her, faded away now. All this time she saw me suffering and she didn't even care. She didn't care enough to be there with me and to tell me that everything was going to be alright.

What hurts me, even more, was that Simon's mum knew about this. She knew who I was and what I was and she neglected it. She gave me fake hope. She only took care of me because my mother asked her to, not because she loved me.

What a selfish world...

"You knew all this time where she was?" Jace asked angry and our mother nodded her head. Jace clenched his jaw and looked at me and I could tell how sorry he was. I did not blame him but our mother. She was the one who had hurt me.

"Clary... It was to protect you from everything." My mother said and I looked at her and I was so disgusted that she was the women, who was my mother.

Before Simon would always ask me what I would do if I met my mother. I always said that I would hug her and never let go of her but now that I know the truth about everything, I would turn away from her and never talk to her again. I was this disgusted by her.

"Cut the acting mother. You let me believe for 18 years that I was unwanted. I felt so alone all the time. I felt like I never belonged somewhere because I didn't have my family. Every father's day or mother's day I would pretend to give you guys gifts and after that, I would always cry my eyes out." I said harsh and all I felt now towards her was hate. I was so angry at her. I was never this angry.

"I have wasted 18 years of my life wishing that my parents were here and longing for them because now that I have met you I really wished I haven't wastend one precious second on you." I said and I saw the tears in my mother's eyes.

"Clary, I am so sorry." She apologised and I shook my head.

"I will never forgive you for this." I said. My mother started to cry and I just looked at her without any emotion on my face. I hated to saw her cry like that but I think it was well deserved.

"I am going. I was able for 18 years to avoid the shadows, so will I now. I will never ask for your help." I said to my mother and walked away from the room. I left her behind there, just like how she had left me.

What should I say to Simon? He must be freaking out now and especially because I got lost in the club. How will I tell Simon, who my mother is? Simon always told me that mothers couldn't see their children hurting then how did my mother saw me hurting and didn't care?

I wipe away my tears and try to find my way to the exit. I had enough drama for today.

__

I made a Matthew Daddario fanfiction called Stay Alive. If you like to check it out you can go to my profile :).

Vote and comment <3.