Chapter 85

JACE'S POV

It was three months after Clary's and Alec's death... Everything went back to the way it was. The Shadow world was living happily while some of us never got over the pain that we had to go through to just reach this peek of happiness and peace.

After Clary passed away in my arms, I carried her back to the institute. Clary and Alec love one another, and I knew that if they had died together, they would want to be buried next to one another. That's exactly what I did...

Alec and Clary were buried next to one another and I hoped, wished that they could find their way back to one another in heaven.

I got out of my bed. This was again one of those days that I couldn't live with myself. I didn't wanted too but I didn't wanted to disappoint Clary. I knew that she wanted me to live this life... Even if it was without her.

I walked to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I groaned. I washed my face and then brushed my teeth. I exhaled sharply, thinking of Clary again.

How was I going to do this?

I walked out, not wanting to really shower. I put my clothes on and fixed my hair. I probably looked horrible and Izzy would have me for it again. She was definitely going to scold me again.

After Agramon, Valentine and Jonathan we're officially confirmed dead. Liz was sentenced to jail for the rest of her life. She confessed that she wasn't under the control of any demonic activity and that every action she took was because she thought that it was right.

Because of her we had lost so much.

If she had only sided with us. We would have or could have avoided Clary's and Alec's death. It was bittersweet... Clary and Jace were probably now together, watching us.

I sighed and got out of my room. I almost walked into Izzy who was about to knock against my room door. She furrowed and looked me up, and down before folding her arms in a cross.

"Why are you looking like that?" She asked and I just shrugged my shoulders before walking past her. She turned herself around, following me. I could hear her heels clicking on the steel floor.

"Simon is coming." Izzy said as I still continued walking. Izzy and I were like siblings and I couldn't help but to be overprotective over. Especially after everything that happened to Clary.

I didn't wanted the same thing to happen to Izzy too.

I knew that Simon truly liked her. Oh hell, I was sure he had fallen for her already which gave my poor heart a bit relief.

It was hard for both me and Izzy. I had lost Clary and she had lost Alec but in a way both of us lost someone we loved. I loved Alec too. He was like my brother. A brother I never had. Simon was there to pull Izzy out of it and made her smile often which made me happier too.

I always tried acting tough in front of her but I knew that she knew deep inside her heart that I was still struggling with the loss both of us went through. We lost two amazing people at the same day.

"Good. You're boyfriend is always welcome." I said, not looking back and I heard Izzy sigh out of frustration.

"I am going to the graveyard. To visit Alec and Clary. Are you coming?" She asked and I immediately froze at my spot. I stopped my tracks and slowly turned myself around to face her.

She knew that since the day we had buried them, I haven't visited Clary not Alec. I couldn't bring myself up to do it. It would just make me realise more that Clary was never coming back and I didn't know it I could handle that. I wasn't ready to say my fullest goodbye to her yet.

I couldn't.

"Have fun." I said and Izzy sighed now again. She walked towards me and enclosed her hands into mine. I looked down at our hands and exhaled sharply, mentally preparing myself for what Izzy was going to say to me now.

"I know that you find it hard to accept the fact that Clary is gone but this will make your heart feel less heavier..." She trailed off which made me look at her.

"Do it for yourself..." She said softly and I could feel the tears burn in my eyes. I quickly looked away from her, focusing my gaze onto something else so I could prevent myself from crying.

"I will be with you and so will be Simon, and Magnus." Izzy said and now I snapped my head towards her direction.

"He is coming too?" I asked surprised and she nodded her head.

"Clary and Alec meant a lot to him too." She spoke out softly and I sighed before nodding my head. Her eyes widened out of surprise and a small smile appeared around her lips.

"So you are coming?" She asked a bit happier and I nodded my head again. She happily grabbed me by my arm and together we walked towards the graveyard where Clary and Alec were buried.

It was just outside the institute so it was easier getting there. I exhaled sharply when I saw Magnus and Simon standing there with flowers in their hands which made my heart clench. I felt the same aching pain I felt when Clary died in front of me and I couldn't do anything about it.

"I am happy you are joining us." Magnus said with a smile. I just nodded my head and glanced over at Simon who was weakly smiling towards me.

He knew Clary better than anyone did. They spend most of their lives together.

I sighed and walked forward, standing right in front of Clary's grave. Izzy let go off me and the tears uncontrollably started streaming down my cheeks as I started to whimper softly.

"How could you leave your idiotic brother alone?" I asked throughout my sobs. I looked up, thinking that she might be able to see me better.

"I miss you so much, redhead." I said softly and squeezed my eyes shut as my tears still found their way down my cheeks.

"I will live my life to my fullest as you wanted me to do... Don't annoy Alec too much over there, huh?" I joked and laughed throughout my sobs.

"We will meet again." I said softly before looking down at her grave...

________________________________

So this is it...
This is the last chapter of Shadows😭
I will write an epilogue after this with a writer's note!
There is more... clalec coming. *winky emoji*