Chapter 50

[WELCOME TO A NEW CHAPTER AND A HAPPY YEAR TO THIS ACCOUNT ON WATTPAD! I honestly can't believe that I have been here for a year! Thank you for always reading my stories! I love you all so much! This special chapter is to all of you! Also a happy year to Shadows! I can't believe how far I have come with this story! Tysm!!!Let me know in the comments what you think and please vote!]

_

Annoyed and shocked, I looked at my brother Jace. Why was he stopping me from killing Liz? He pushed me aside as he took the seraph blade from me.

"Enough, Clary!" Jace shouted at me and I looked at him in confusion. I couldn't believe that he was doing this.

"What will you get if you kill her?! You will be just like her!" He shouted. He took the handcuffs and cuffed Liz, so she wouldn't be able to move and escape. I clenched my jaw and looked away from my brother.

I knew that he was right but I wanted some sense of revenge. I wanted to make her pay for what she did and how she made us feel. I wanted to see her afraid. So afraid as me when I saw my mother dying in front of me and I couldn't do anything to help. I wanted to make her feel like she made me feel and that was even worse than death so I was doing her a favour.

I felt someone grabbing me by my stomach and for a second I thought it was my father. I quickly moved around and almost slapped the person but stopped when I saw Alec. I saw the concern on his face and honestly, it made me even concerned. I don't know why I was so full of rage. I had these powers and I knew my emotions were linked to it. Liz should be happy that she didn't die because if it wasn't for Jace, she would have been dead by now.

"Just calm down." Alec whispered in my ear and held me tight. I couldn't just calm down. I was mourning my mother, I hated Jonathan and I was so angry at myself. I hated myself for not figuring out how to help my mother.

I had all these amazing powers which could save the Shadow world but if I can't help my mother, how can I help the entire Shadow World. It didn't make sense.

"Where is my father?" I asked when I was searching for him. My eyes were looking everywhere but there was no sign of Valentine. I saw Simon running together with Isabelle.

"Valentine escaped." Izzy breathed out as he was looking at all of us. I felt tense. I couldn't believe that he had escaped again. He would never come face to face with me and it showed me how of a coward he actually was.

"We will get him one day." Jace said and I could see the anger on his face. I knew that he would want to hurt Valentine and Agramon but not Liz. Whatever had happened, Jace still had feelings for her. He was just trying to avoid it.

Liz started laughing as she looked at all of us which made me angrier. I looked at her.

"You will never be able to stop us. Jocelyn was the first one you have lost. There are so many others you will lose if you don't stop this war against Agramon." She said and I walked towards her. I could see that she was shrinking in more and more when I got closer to her.

"You tell Agramon. That I will never stop haunting him. The anxiety he feels whenever I am close to him will haunt him. I will eventually get close enough and kill him. You are the start." I said with a smile and punched her in her face.

"And keep your mouth closed about my loved ones. It must be hard being the pawn of your father who really doesn't give a fuck about you." I said and I saw her face drop. I was glad that it left her speechless. I saw that her eye was slightly swollen and the corner of her eyelid was bleeding.

"Let's get inside." Alec said as he held me again and I shook my head.

"It is safer for all of you if I am not around you." I said and I meant it. I could go and live with Magnus for a while but I couldn't be at the institute. It was too dangerous. Alec shook his head.

"No, Clary. You won't. You have to be here. This is the only place where you can stay safe." Alec said and I sighed.

I cared for him so much. More than I should but knowing that I could end up hurting him, I don't want to be around him then. I don't want to be the reason of it. I shook my head as I held his hands.

"Alec, I have too..." I whispered and Jace looked at me broken. We just lost our mother and I didn't want to lose him too but if this was a way to keep everyone safe, I will go away.

"You can't go." Jace said determinedly.

"I won't allow it." Jace said and I sighed.

"Jace, we don't have a choice. You know that I can be dangerous." I said softly and he shook his head.

"I lost my mother. I won't lose my sister too. You will stay with us. Whether you bring us in danger or not. We are family and we need you. I need you." Jace said and my heart broke when I saw the tears in his eyes. I nodded.

"I won't leave. If that's what you want." I said softly and I could see the relief in his eyes. Together, we walked inside the institute. Alec and Izzy brought Liz to the cell as Simon, Jace and I were waiting. When Liz was imprisoned, Jace let out a sigh and then walked away.

"Jace." I said as I followed him. He looked at me but did not stop walking. As we got to his room, I saw the mess he had made. His mirror was shattered in pieces and everything else was on the ground.

"Jace, what happened?" I asked worriedly when I closed the door behind us. He tried cleaning it up but I stopped him.

"Jace, stop!" I shouted at him when he was still continuing with cleaning. Jace looked at me broken. He was completely devasted. He was killing himself slowly and slowly. That's where I saw the knife on the ground, covered with blood.

"Jace, please don't tell me you are hurting yourself." I said and I could see that he was shocked. He looked over where the knife was and he sighed out softly. I knew that he could break down at any time.

"I don't know if I can get over this." He said softly as his voice was breaking down. The sadness on his face and his eyes made me want to cry with him. I hugged him and held him tight.

"You will. Both of us will. We have each other." I said softly as I held him tight. Jace's arm was around me and he was hugging me tightly back.

I don't know how but I knew we would get through this. Our mother was looking after us from heaven. She was surrounded by angels and she might be an angel herself. We would see her again after having a long life... Both of us would.

"I miss her so much." Jace cried loudly which broke my heart. Jace was always the strong one out of all of us and now he was the one that needed some sort of strength and I had no idea how to give it to him.

"I miss her too." I said softly as my voice broke down. I cried softly as I hugged him. Seeing Jace like this killed me and gave me even more reasons to kill Liz.

[Hello everyone! Let me know in the comments for how long you have been reading Shadows! Thank you again for supporting my page so much and this story! It means so much to me! I really can't believe that we are so close to 50k readers on Shadows! Seriously! Thank you! Thank you!!!! I love you all so much❤️]