Chapter 14

"Liz?" Alec asked while getting up. I looked over at her and damn she was beautiful. Her red lipstick made her come over like a real woman and confident one too.

"Didn't you learn to stab a vampire in their heart?" Liz asked Alec and helped him get up. He laughed.

"I missed you too, Liz." He said and hugged her. I saw a small smile on Liz her face but she quickly changed her facial expression when she saw my brother coming.

"Hey... Oh." Jace said as his eyes met Liz. I frowned and just looked at the awkward situation playing in front of me. What was going on here? Was I missing something?

"Hey." Liz said to Jace and smiled, which Jace returned.

"We need to get going." Jace said and looked over at me. I knew he wanted me to come with him but I didn't want to leave Alec here and I wasn't even sure why.

"Come." Jace commanded me and I ran with him. We were still at the graveyard and it was looking so scary. A graveyard already looked scary in daylight. Imagine at night. It was frightening to me.

I saw some vampires and I took Liz her advice and stabbed the first vampire, who came for me in the heart. Jace looked at me in full surprise and smiled proudly at me and me being me couldn't help to be happy.

"Well done. You didn't fucked this up." Someone said behind me and I turned myself around to face Alec.

"You fucked it up by not killing it." I fired back at him. I saw Liz laughing but she hid it. I think no one was used to it to give Alec an answer back. Well hell, you haven't met me.

"CLARY!" I heard a familiar voice scream and I immediately turned myself around and it felt like my heart was torn apart by shadows as I saw who I faced.

Simon.

"No..." I said and I wanted to run towards them but Jace held me back and I quickly let myself go of his grip.

"Let him go!" I screamed to the vampire who was holding Simon.

"Do you know what the funny part is? He has vampire blood in his system. If he dies, he will come back as a vampire as one of us." She said and I swear I could freaking kill her right now.

"Don't you fucking dare!" I screamed and ran towards them and I wish I haven't because the first thing she did was snapping Simon's neck.

"NO!!!" I screamed with all the energy I had and ran towards Simon's lifeless body. I looked over at the female vampire and I couldn't stop my anger. I stood up and looked at her.

She laughed in my face, which made me angrier.

"You shouldn't have done that." I said and the first thing I knew I drew a rune, I didn't even knew existed and the sunlight came out of my hand burning the whole body of the female vampire.

She was dead.

I ran towards and my tears fell on his face. How could this happen? When did this happen?

"We need to bring his body to the institute." Liz said and I glared at her.

"Simon is not dead!" I yelled back at her and I saw Alec whispering something in her ear, which made me angrier. I stood up, walked over at Alec and slapped him across his face.

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU, ALEC! SINCE I CAME HERE YOU ALWAYS DO OR SAY SOMETHING TO MAKE ME FEEL THAT I DON'T BELONG HERE!" I screamed at him and I saw the surprise and shocked reaction on his face.

He clenched his jaw and fist but didn't say anything. He just looked over at Jace, who walked towards me, in order to comfort me. He held me by my shoulders but I pushed him away, which caused him to fall on Liz.

I didn't even knew I was this strong.

"Clary! Stop!" Jace shouted at me, which made me snap out of my trance and face the reality I was in. I couldn't blame anyone for this but myself.

I saw Jace standing up and helping Liz to stand up. I saw how shocked and angry they were at me but I couldn't give a damn about it. My best friend died today because of me. He had a whole life ahead of him.

Simon gasped and I turned myself around and saw him gasping for air. He took my hand and almost bit me but someone stopped him.

It was the guy, who was wearing a suit and his hair was beautiful and neat. Wauw...

"He belongs now to my clan." He said and when I faced him I saw the pale skin. He was a vampire.

"What do you mean?" Simon asked in confusion. The guy hissed and showed him his fangs, which made Simon flinch.

"Clary, what have you done to me?" Simon asked and I could hear the full disgust in his tone. I don't even know what to tell him. I wasn't sure myself.

"I-i..." I stuttered and the guy threw a blood bag towards him, which he drank empty in one second. Shocked I was standing in front of him, realising that the friend I knew was now a vampire and immortal...

"Simon..." I said softly and he stood up and ran away and in one second he was gone.

"I will take care of him." The guy said. He was still unknown to me.

"Thank you, Raphael." Jace said and Raphael disappeared too. I looked over and faced Alec, Izzy, Jace and Liz.

Was this the meaning of being a shadow hunter? Because if it was I don't want to be one.

We headed back to the institute and I didn't say a word to anyone, including my brother Jace. I know I owed Alec, Liz and Jace an apology but I was honestly not even thinking straight yet.

"Just leave me alone, Jace." I heard Liz say and I frowned and walked over at Jace. Liz walked away from Jace and I saw Jace looking down at the floor.

Was it just me or do Jace and Liz have a history?

__

What do you think is going on between Jace and Liz?

Vote and comment <3.