Chapter 37

[Thank you so much for the 15k! I can't believe it! Shadows is growing so much! Please make sure to vote and comment... I don't really see your guys comments anymore which kind of upsets me because I love reading it! By the 40 votes there will be a new chapter!]

_

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was finally ready for the Christmas ball. I had straightened my red locks and was wearing a black dress with glitter on it. I borrowed the black heels of Izzy and some jewellery so I would look a bit okay. I hope Alec would be impressed... I heard someone knocking on my room door and walked towards it to open it.

"Nope, my sister is not going to the ball like this." Jace said and I laughed but I could see that he was dead serious. I would never dress myself again because I want this. I wanted to impress Alec by this and make him feel what he had missed out. He did not ask me out and I was sure as hell not going to look at him or let alone dance. That was my plan but I had a feeling I was going to suck at it.

"I am going like this big brother." I said and I heard him sigh. "If I see even on man lay a finger on you, I will kill them." He said and I laughed.

"I don't think that necessary. I can handle them myself." I said and he nodded. I was so glad to have someone like Jace as my brother. He was like a best friend than a brother. I suppose big brothers are suppose to be like that.

"But you look magnificent. That's what worries me." Jace said and I laughed.

"Thank you big brother. You don't look bad yourself. Trying impress someone? Maybe someone like Liz?" I asked and I could see all the colour drain from his face. He sure as hell thought that I was stupid enough to not see that he had an eye on Liz.

"How did you know?" He asked in shock and I rolled my eyes.

"I may be your little sister but I know when you like someone." I said and he smiled. He let his arm rest on my neck and the both of us walked out of my room while laughing. I saw Liz in front of us with Izzy.

"Why don't you go with her to the ball?" I asked. I could tell that Liz was staring at Jace. Imagine if she had felt the same way I felt. She maybe wanted Jace to ask her out but he never did. I would truly understand how she would feel.

"I was scared she would reject me and besides I wouldn't leave you alone." Jace said and I rolled my eyes. My stupid innocent big brother.

"You would never know if you don't ask her and don't worry about me. I will go with Izzy. I will be fine." I said and he nodded. He walked towards Liz and I could tell how surprised she was. I smiled when the both walked hand in hand inside the hall. Izzy looked at me and smiled.

"You truly look amazing." She complemented me. "So do you!" I said as I looked at her. She was honestly looking amazing. She was wearing a shiny golden dress and her hair was open - and curly. Her make up was just like always on point and she was wearing red lipstick. She truly looked like a goddess.

"Let's go inside." I said and Izzy looked at me in hesitant. I looked at her in confusion and waited for to explain me what was going on.

"I kind of have a date with Simon..." She said and I mouthed 'oh'. So I was going to be alone. In this whole ball, I was going to be alone. I gave her small smile.

"It's fine and have fun." I said before walking inside, alone. I was cursing Alec for not asking me out. I felt like everyone was staring at me. Was I the only one who came here without a date? I totally blamed Alec for this. I sighed and walked towards the bar. This was how I was going to spend my whole night. I guess... Happy Christmas to you too, Clary.