Chapter 63

How is everything going on?! Shadows is near to it's end! Who is interested in a second book? Let me know in the comments ❤️
_________________________________

"Clary..." I heard my name echo. I opened my eyes, awake in a dark room. When I sat up and slimy thing took hold of me. I then realised that I was fully covered in black slime, or rather in black demon blood.

I started to freak out and tried wiping it away but no matter how much I tried so it didn't work at all. It even increased the force. It just kept on coming back like it was glue. My breathing was increasing and I gasped when I heard my name again.

Who was this person?

I couldn't make sense of it. I had no idea who was calling out for me. The only thing I knew was that it was a female voice. The same female voice I heard when I found out about the Shadow world. Only this time around she didn't sound terrified. I was the one that felt terrified.

"Clary..." I heard again. I started to look around but I couldn't see anything. It was hard. It was like I was in a pitch black hole. I wanted to use my runes so I could make something light up but when I looked down, I could vaguely see that they had disappeared.

"You have to be ready..." I heard the female say slowly. Ready? Confused, I was looking around. Hoping, that someone would come here but all my efforts were in vain. It was still the same black pit.

"Ready for what?" I asked confused. Somehow, I felt like she was referring to Agramon. That it was my destiny to defeat him and bring balance back to the Shadow World.

"The battles of the shadows." She said and I felt this immediate rush throughout my whole body. It was something that I couldn't explain but knew that it was powerful enough to hurt anyone.

I started seeing quick visions racing in front of my eyes. Demons. Agramon. My father. Jonathan. Liz. All of them were marching on earth, marching towards institute, burning them down one by one. I could see myself fighting against thousands of demons. I would almost say millions...

"You have to access it quickly before it's too late." The women said and I was getting confused by each second she spoke to me. Access what? I don't have anything that could help me understand this whole situation.

"Only you can access the light inside of you and make an end to the shadows. Otherwise all will be lost." She said. I heard a loud pitch and I quickly covered my ears. I was groaning and with a rush I gasped as if that was a sign for me to wake up.

I opened my eyes and saw myself laying down in my bed. I sighed and sat up in my bed as I went through my hair with my hand.

"Bloody hell." I mumbled softly. I could feel the sweat around my back and forehead, dripping off me like it was water which it actually kind of was...

I have to access the light inside of me but there is nothing positive inside of me for me to access it. For all it matters, I felt this rage which was caused by Alec. I knew that I wanted to hurt him the same way he had hurt me but I knew it wouldn't bring me anywhere.

I would end up just being like him which I would want to avoid at anything.

Izzy went away after I cried for more than an hour to her. She tried calming me down but honestly nothing she said made me feel a tiny bit better about the whole situation.

It was going to be hard for me to get over Alec. I started to love him and then I had to find out that he had used me in order to achieve these amazing things. I knew I had never been that special. I don't know why I let myself believe that...

I stood up and jumped slightly when I heard someone knock on my room door.

"Clary? Are you awake?" I heard Jace ask. Even if I was asleep, he would have woken me up.

"Yes." I said as I opened the door for him. Jace didn't even say something else and walked inside my room. He looked furious. He looked like he was about to murder someone and for a split second I thought that the might be aware what Alec has done.

"What's wrong?" I asked when he wasn't telling me anything. I heard him sigh. It was a loud and deep sigh.

"Jonathan escaped." He said in a go and I felt my body going numb. I couldn't process what he was telling me.

"What?" I said in a breath. I felt like I was going to choke. My lungs felt like they were not receiving enough oxygen.

"He killed ten guards on the way, Clary!" Jace shouted. His eyes were now looking at me and they were red. It was out of anger. I could sense it. I shook my head in disbelief but then again. This was Jonathan. He was capable of doing this.

He was monster.

"What about Liz?" I quickly asked and turned around to grab my seraph blade.

"She is still here." I heard Jace say. I quickly took my seraph blade and turned myself around.

"We have to go. We can maybe catch him." I said and I walked out of my room. I could hear Jace's footsteps behind me and my heart sank when I saw Alec standing at the end of the hallway.

His eyes were piercing into mine and I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. 'Not now.' I thought. Jace had enough on his plate. He didn't had to worry about my relationship problems.

"Let's go." I heard Jace call from behind me. I gasped softly, not even I could hear it if I was listening closely. I turned my head where Jace was coming from and looked away from Alec.

Jace was now in front of me and I could see the confusion on Alec's face.  That's when I realised that all of us just had woken up, none of us had even brushed our teeth.

Fuck, I must look horrible...

"Where are you guys going?" Alec asked and Jace just walked past him.

"Ask your girlfriend. I am going quickly to the weapon room." Jace shouted and he disappeared. My heart ached when he Jace called me his girlfriend. All of his feelings were fake and that's what I keep on being reminded off.

Alec now looked at me and I looked down. I didn't want to face him or talk to him or anything! I didn't want anything from him.

"What's going on, Clary?" He asked as he came a bit closer. I was still looking down, not facing him at all.

"Jonathan escaped. We are going after him." I said and I kept on looking down. I started to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

"Let me go." I said harsh and I meant it. I didn't want him to touch me at all.

"Just please, listen to me." Alec said and I turned around, twisted his arm and pushed him against the wall.

"Don't you ever touch me again." I said and held the seraph blade against his throat.  I could feel the anger, the power inside of me was taking over. I could feel it. It was dark...

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the power I had over him or the power I had overall. Everything could be in my control. I could feel my mind slipping away from me, more in the darkness.

"Clary..." I heard Alec say softly and all I felt again was anger. It doubled it. I pressed the seraph blade tighter against his neck and I could hear the cut I caused because of it.

'Find the light' I could hear again. The same woman again. That's when I snapped out of all of this. I quickly let Alec go and stepped a few steps backwards.

"Clary -" I didn't even wait around to hear what Alec would say. I turned myself around and ran as fast as I could.

What was happening to me?