Chapter 65

I hope that all of you are well and that none of you have been affected by the virus. Please be careful angels... Make sure you self isolate yourself and wash your hands throughly when you do leave your house! Also thank you for 70k readers! It is honestly insane how Shadows is growing each day!
_________________________________

As we left the institute, Simon walked next to me and pushed me a little bit to get my attention.

"What was that for?" I asked a bit offended. I knew that he didn't mean it in a bad way. I knew him... At least he wouldn't do something that would hurt me...

"You know." He simply said and I looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. Simon sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Are you really going to act like I haven't known you for the most of your life?" He asked. I sighed and understood where he was going. Alec.

Luckily, we were at the end and he was way too far to even hear us. Jace and him both were busy trying to find a trail that could track Jonathan down.

"It's fine." I said. I didn't want to talk about it but knowing Simon, he would make me talk to him about. No matter if I liked it or not.

"No it's not fine. Tell me." He said and I sighed as I looked over at Alec. It hurts to see him and act like nothing has happened. He seems to fake it good. Just like he faked his feelings for me in the beginning.

"Alec and I broke up." I said simply as I started to walk so we could catch up with the rest of the group. I didn't even look at Simon to see his confused face.

It hurts me to see that everyone else is as shocked as I was, expect Izzy. She was aware what Alec was doing and she had tell me... She had to warn me...

"What?" Simon almost shouted. I quickly turned myself around

"Shush!" I shouted back, hoping that everyone else didn't hear Simon's shocked impression. I didn't want Jace to ask what was wrong and I didn't want Alec to know that I was talking about him.

I don't want to show him that I care... Even though I do. It hurts me like hell...

"Don't shush me, Clary. What happened?" He asked confused and shocked. I would almost say that he was angry with both me and Alec.

"I found out that Alec faked it. In the beginning at least. He didn't mean what he said and he used me for power... money and positions within the clave..." I said softly so Jace couldn't hear us.

Each word that left my mouth, I could see that Simon was getting angrier and angrier.

"I am going to kill him." He said and he started to walk towards him. I quickly held him by his elbow and pulled him back.

"No you are not." I said and Simon frowned his eyebrows.

"And why not? You just gave me all the reasons to do so." He said annoyed and I sighed.

"No one hurts my best friend. Alec has messed with the wrong girl." Simon said and I shook my head.

"Can you please not?" I asked and my voice started to break.

"I don't want to feel this and I don't want to talk about it." I said as my voice kept on breaking. I felt the tears burning in my eyes and I took a deep breath as I was waiting for Simon to respond.

I could see that he could see that I was in pain. I could see that it was hurting him to see me like this but I just couldn't let it in...

A part of me didn't want to believe that Alec had done this... I wanted to believe that he still loved me apart from everything he had done to prove me wrong... I know I shouldn't feel that way... He would end up hurting me... again...

"Okay... Okay..." Simon said softly. I sighed and gave him a small smile.

"Thank you." I sighed. He nodded and then pulled me into a hug. First, I wanted to push him away but then I realised that I needed this.

I needed someone to comfort me... to be there for me. I needed this... I held onto Simon tightly and took several deep breaths to prevent myself from crying. The last thing I wanted to do was anyone seeing that I was upset... especially Jace.

"Thank you." I said again as we got out of the hug. Simon looked at me with a wide smile and said "Anytime Fray." I chuckled softly...

I turned myself around and I saw Alec looking at us. He quickly turned his head away, focusing on whatever he was doing. Izzy was smiling at me and I returned her a weak smile. Jace still looked as stressed as when he came inside my room.

I sighed and walked over to him. I held his shoulder and saw him turn around.

"Did you find anything?" He asked quickly and I shook my head. I could see that my answer made him angry... He was restless and it was consuming him...

"Jace, I don't think we will find him." I said softly and carefully so he wouldn't lash out. Jace shook his head.

"He has to be here somewhere... He couldn't have gone far." Jace said and I shook my head.

"We are talking about Jonathan... He is powerful... He is gone." I said and Jace sighed.

"It's okay. We will get him one day... He won't be able to escape always." I said and Jace nodded his head.

"Are you sure about that, little sister?" I heard Jonathan's voice. I gasped and quickly turned myself towards the way where his voice was coming from.

I widened my eyes when I saw him holding a seraph blade against Simon's neck.

"Jonathan. Leave him alone." I said as I held my seraph blade out. He chuckled evilly and clicked his tongue.

"And what is the fun in that?" Jonathan asked and I clenched my jaw. I could feel the same rage again and I felt like acting repulsive but I know if I did, Simon could end up dead.