Chapter 10

[A/N You can now read my other Clalec story called Psychotic!]

ALEC'S POV

I pulled out of the hug and checked one last time her room but there was nothing, which confused me a lot.

"There is nothing here. How is this even possible?" I asked her and she shrugged. Of course she does not know it. She was new to all of this.

I decided to let her sleep in my room. I didn't trust it here. She was important to everyone. If something would happen to her, then all of us would be in danger. She was tied with everyone here, including me.

"Come on." I said and Clary looked at me with confusion in her eyes. I didn't wanted her to be in this room for even one second.

I helped her up and I saw that it was difficult for her to walk. I picked her up and walked with her to my room and let her sit down on my bed. I saw that Clary was surprised as I picked her up and brought her to my room. Confusion was all over her face.

"I would have woke Jace up but it is really late. It is better for you if you sleep and take rest. You can sleep in my bed. I will take the couch. I am here in case if something happens." I said and I hoped that it would make her feel relieved and the look on her face made me realize that she was still scared.

"What is it?" I asked her and she continued having the afraid expression on her face. She let out a deep sigh and looked away from me.

"I am scared that my nightmares will return. I will get hurt again." She admitted and I started to feel sorry for her.

She was right. If she fell asleep there could be a big possibility that her nightmares would return and now, in this case, she even could get hurt.

"As soon as I realize that you have a nightmare, I will wake you up." I said and she nodded. I saw that she was relieved but still confused about this.

I mean about us.

"Thank you, Alec." She said and I looked at her for a while and then gave her a small smile, which she returned. She laid down in my bed and I saw her falling asleep, which was adorable.

Ho, Alec. Stop.

Clary was an obnoxious little redhead girl. She was not my type and never will be. I was just taking care for her because of Jace.

I sighed and sat down on the couch as I was watching over Clary and noticed her beautiful red lips. I knew they were kissable.

Annoyed I sighed and closed my eyes. I will never fall for Clary. Never. These annoying thoughts of mine really needed to stop.

What really interested was, that Clary got hurt in her nightmares but the wounds still remained as she woke up.

I wanted to know what she was dreaming. I mean maybe we could get some clues about it. As a parabatai, you could live through your parabatai's dreams and mind but I was not hers. I was no ones.

Jace and Isabelle became parabatai. They clicked good together and were from the same age and had spent a lot of time together. There was nothing romantically involved, yet.

I was 19, almost turning 20 and still didn't had a parabatai. I did wish I had one. Looking at Izzy and Jace I could tell that it changed their lives for them and they became more powerful as they were sharing their powers.

It was just amazing but I didn't have it.

I saw Clary moving and I waited. I didn't wanted to wake her up. Maybe she was just sleeping.

"No..." She mumbled and was moving her head the whole time.

Her nightmare.

I ran towards her and held her by her shoulders, in order to wake her up but my efforts were in vain.

"Clary! Wake up!" I yelled but it was like she wasn't hearing me. I climb on top of her and held her hand above her head.

Come on Clary.

When I held her hands she burned me again and I quickly let go of her. What was this? Was this some kind of defence?

Damn it Clary.

I held her face with my hands.

"WAKE UP! DAMN IT CLARY!" I screamed and I saw Clary waking up. Completely shocked.

Someone ran inside my room and both Clary and I looked over to see who it was and we both faced Jace.

Damn it. This looked so bad. Me hanging over Clary, holding both of her hands next to her head and screaming at her. This looked like we were being intimate...

I looked down right away and moved my body away from Clary's.

Jace's eyes were widened and he was shocked and surprised and I was not sure if he was angry or not. Jace was about to open his mouth to say something but closed it again and looked at Clary.

"It is not what it looks like." Clary whispered and I looked over at her. She was panting and I saw how afraid she was. What was she dreaming?

"That's what everyone says." Said Jace and walked over to me and looked at me.

"If you are going to do this. Take care of her. She is my little sister." Jace said and I saw how serious he was but there was nothing going on between us. There never will be something.

"She was having nightmares. I woke up when she was screaming. She was covered in wounds and I thought it was not safe for her to be alone so I told her to come to my room. In case if she had a nightmare I would wake her up and I tried." I explained and showed him my hand plam.

"She burned you again?" Jace asked and Clary's eyes widened in shock and she stood up to see what she did to me.

"I think it is some kind of defence. When she gets to afraid it turns on and she hurts anyone who comes in her way. We need to speak to Magnus." I said and Jace nodded, to show that he agreed with me.

Clary looked at my hand palm and held it. I saw how sorry she was and how confused. She was not the kind of person I expected her to be. She was kind-hearted and just misunderstood, by me.

"I am sorry." She said and I smiled at her.

"It is fine. Don't worry about it." I said and she nodded but deep inside my heart, I knew she would feel guilty about this.

"Come, you can sleep in my room." Jace said and shoot me a glare, a glare to tell me to watch out.

Clary looked over at me and smiled.

"Thank you, Alec." She said and gave me a hug but I didn't return it. Especially because Jace was having a bad impression about this and I have no time for this drama. I saw Clary pulling herself out of the hug and she walked away with Jace.

This was the most awkward position I have ever been put in...

__

Wow! Do you think Jace wants Alec to be Clary's boyfriend or not?

Vote and comment <3.