Chapter 78

Hello everyone! I want to say thank you so much for reading Shadows! We are literally on our way to 100k readers! This is amazing. Recently, I did mention that I was going to write a second book for Shadows but I came to the conclusion that I won't do that anymore... I don't have a lot of inspiration for this story anymore and I think it's fair to say that I want to end this book on good terms rather than killing of some important characters which was included for the end of the first book. I am sorry guys, so sorry to disappoint you with this news but I have other Shadowhunter fanfictions, including Matthew Daddario. I hope you will give those a try. It's time to end Shadows after writing it for almost two years now...
________________________________

ALEC'S POV

I grunted when Izzy helped me heal my wound. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that this entire mission was a set up. Jonathan tried killing me. I wasn't afraid to die. I was afraid what Clary would do if she felt like I was put in danger. It didn't matter to me. As long as she was with me.

"What are you thinking about?" Izzy asked out of the sudden which caught me off guard. I exhaled sharply as I looked at my little sister.

"Clary." I answered honestly. I was worried. I was worried to how all of this was going to end... What was going to happen to her? I was worried that I would lose her. How would I even live without her? Was that even possible?

"She will be fine." Izzy reassured me which didn't really work. She didn't knew Clary as I did. I knew what she was capable of doing. I knew what she would do to keep all of us safe, including Jace.

"I am still worried." I sighed out and stood up so I could straighten myself up. The wound was almost healed up. I was going to be fine. Like always and Clary was out there... Doing whatever she was doing.

"She is a strong girl. You know that." Izzy said with a smile and I nodded my head slowly. Of course, I knew that. I saw her grow into the person she has become till this day.

She was stronger than she was before. She took her pain and used it into her advantage. That's where her main source of power came from. Her determination and stubbornness. It made her stronger than anyone else but also dangerous... It made her vulnerable. It made her vulnerable to lose everything she loved.

"I am scared that Clary might take everything upon herself. Especially after today." I said quietly. I knew that I would have probably done the same thing. I knew I would leave everyone behind to just keep them safe. That's what terrified me so much. Clary and I were alike even when we had our differences, we stood for the same things.

"What do you mean?" Izzy asked confused.

"Jonathan killed her mother. Kidnapped Jace twice and now... he tried to kill me." I said as I trailed off.

"I am scared that she might give herself up to keep all of us safe." I said softly and Izzy looked at me quite startled. I don't think she expected this answer.

"She won't do that." Izzy tried reassuring me again as she tried reaching to my shoulder and I sighed out frustration as I moved away from her.

"But she will, Izzy!" I shouted angrily. Izzy looked at me in surprise, not really knowing what she should say to me. I sighed as I shook my head and focused my gaze onto the floor.

"I am sorry." I breathed out. I was stressed out. So stressed that I can't even think straight. I couldn't think straight, not when it came to Clary. I couldn't do anything. It was as if I was frozen.

"It's okay, Alec... It's okay to feel this way." Izzy said softly as she looked at me.

"I feel helpless, Izzy. As if I can't do anything to help her with this. I don't know what to do to make things better." I said softly and looked up to Izzy. She looked at me with empathy in her eyes as if she felt the pain I did too.

"If something happens to her because of me, I won't be able to live with myself." I said softly and I hoped as I prayed to the angels that Clary wouldn't do such a thing.

"That's what love is..." Izzy said softly as she weakly smiled over to me and I nodded my head.

"It is." I said with a smile.

"I am so happy that you found her. Even though, you messed it up in the beginning." Izzy said and I laughed softly as I thought back.

I was a child. I was even worse than a child. I didn't even knew what love was before Clary came into my life and now, I can't think of a possible way of living without it. The thought of it made me feel like I was going to die. There was no way.

"But love still brought you back to her." Izzy said as she looked into my eyes. I smiled softly as I nodded my head.

"No matter what she might do or not. Your love always finds a way back to her." She said with a smile and with those words, I felt more reassured. Like a part of what Izzy said was true and somehow it was. It was true...

We always found our way back to each other. No matter what would happen. We always came back to one another.

I heard the door of my room opening and I saw an anxious Magnus standing in front of me. My smile disappeared as quick as it came and worriedly I stared into Magnus's dark brown eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked afraid. I didn't wanted to know because I felt like I already did. It was Clary...

"Clary..." He said softly and I swallowed sharply.

"She left me while we were portalling back. I-I don't know where she is." Magnus stammered and I sighed out.

"No..." I whispered softly. My worst nightmare just came true. I clenched my jaw as I felt anger towards her. Why in the angel's name would she do such a thing? A thing that could endanger her so much...