Chapter 7

[Today is my birthday guys! 4th of September it is... For the people who will read it a day later... Etc...]

"Clary!" I heard Jace shouting and I turned around and saw him running after me. I waited for him to reach me.

"Please, don't leave." He said and I shook my head. I was definitely going.

"I can't stay here." I said and Jace held my hand.

"Please, it is dangerous for you. The shadows are searching for you. I am your big brother. I should protect you and I can't do that if you leave here. Please, Clary, don't go. I can't lose you again." He said and his word made my heart skip a beat. He was so loving.

I couldn't help it to be jealous of him. He had a family. He grew up with the love of our parents and was never alone and he could rely on them. Me, on the other hand, was all alone...

"I really should go. Simon must be worried and besides that Alec doesn't like me." I said and I was trying to make an excuse so Jace would let me go. I really didn't care if Alec liked me or not.

"Alec likes nobody. That is a fact." Jace said and I laughed. Jace looked at me and smiled and I knew he wanted me to stay but I didn't wanted to be near our mother. She broke my heart in a way that, I knew it couldn't be fixed.

"Listen... I know what mum did was wrong but she loves you, Clary. She really thought she was protecting you this way." Jace said and I sighed.

"Jace..." I said but he didn't let me finish my sentence.

"You belong here with us. You have a family. You have your brother. You have me." He said and I felt tears burning in my eyes and I smiled at him. I gave him a hug and cried.

It hurt me so much, to know that my mother knew that I was in pain and still didn't care for me like I wanted her too. I was all alone. I felt alone... I wished every birthday to be reunited with my family and I came to find out that they already knew where I was. It just hurts...

"Please, stay..." Jace begged me and I finally gave in. I wanted to be with my family more than anything and especially with my brother, Jace.

"Okay..." I whispered in his chest and I couldn't see his face but I knew he was smiling. I knew he was happy that I was staying...

Jace let go of me and looked at me with a big smile on his face, which made me smile too.

"Come let me show you around in the institute." He said and held my hand and was pulling me with him as we walked together. I smiled because he was so excited about this. You could tell that he was waiting for this moment for a while.

We walked down the stairs to a big hall. It was beautifully modern designed with blue and white lights. It almost made it look like we were in the sky. It was so beautiful.

Jace looked at me and was smiling ear to ear.

"We train here for the missions we go on. We have a program too where we go on a fake mission just to guide us on how to fight a shadow." Jace said and I looked around and saw blades and an arrow and bow. It was amazing.

"We always need to be ready when we go on a mission. If we are vulnerable the shadow can, either way, hurt us or kill us." Jace said and I nodded.

I don't know if I would be ever ready to face a shadow. They were the things I was the most afraid of. They had been haunting me every night.

Jace took something out of his pocket and showed me it. I think it was some kind of little blade.

"This is a stele. With this, we can make runes on our body. They give us powers and they can heal us." He said. He made me look in the mirror and my eyes widened when I saw a rune on my neck.

"I made it. It healed your wound. Every time you get hurt make sure you activate it. It can heal you or make you feel less of the pain." He said and I nodded again.

It felt like I was in school. He was explaining to me and then the only thing I did was nodding. It made me laugh, which surprised Jace. He smiled and didn't said anything.

"When can I start?" I asked, not because I wanted to. I was scared and I hoped we would delay this for a long time. Jace laughed.

"A sister just like her brother." He said and smiled. Oh my god, he thought I was ready and brave but I am not.

"We will start tomorrow." Jace said and I wished I had never asked him because now he thinks I was determined to start fighting.

"Let's go. I will show you the office." He said and he walked up the stairs and I followed him. The office was really big and it was not something normal like normal mundane offices. There were big screens everywhere and it was touchable.

"We get our missions here. We can see what happens or if a mundane is in danger. The police is involved with us as well as our step-father is a werewolf and works as an officer." Jace said and my eyes widened when he said that we have a step-father. Where is our father?

I saw Jace regretting as he realized what he just said. Why do we have so much family drama?

"Where is our biological father?" I asked him out of curiosity. Jace shook his head and denied telling me and looked away from me. I held his arm and made him face me.

"Clary, I think you have dealt with a lot today." He said softly. I was stubborn, I wanted to know.

"I want to know." I said determined and he sighed.

"He died in the battle. They were fighting against the shadows, trying to protect you." He said and I gasped so loud in shock that everyone could have heard that. I looked at Jace and tried to hold my tears.

My father died to save me...

"He died because of me..." I whispered, still trying to progress the news I heard from my brother. Jace immediately shook his head and held my by shoulders to make me look at him.

"He got killed by the shadows... not by you. Do you understand now why it is so dangerous for you to walk outside without protection?" He asked me and I nodded.

"I just wished I had known him..." I whispered and my voice broke and I started to cry. This was the third time already today. Jace pulled me into a hug and held me tight. I felt at home and I felt safe...

___

Thank you for everything. Please keep showing loveeee...
Vote and comment.