Chapter 81

ALEC'S POV

She disappeared as soon as Izzy and Jace came forward. I sighed out of frustration and clenched my jaw. I didn't knew whether I should be angry at her or not. Did she just conceive my love for her? Didn't she take serious what I had said to her? It didn't even looked like she had any problem walking away.

Why did everything seem so fucking easy for her?

"Where is she?!" Jace called out, getting me out of my thoughts. I blankly looked at him without any expression on my face.

"She went inside the foods." I simply replied. I saw Jace turning himself around and then again back so he could look at me.

"Why didn't you stop her?" He asked confused. I looked up to the forest. It was getting dark now and everyone knew how dangerous it could get. Demons loved to haunt people down. Especially Shadowhunters.

"She didn't wanted me to." I said in a low voice. Jace widened his eyes in disbelief which was then followed by a loud scoff.

"Are you kidding me, Alec?" He asked annoyed and slightly raised his voice as he spoke to me. I sighed and looked away from him.

I couldn't do this anymore. My heart couldn't take it anymore.

I wanted to give up.

No Alec, don't you fucking dare.

I wanted to wrestle with the other voice in my fucking mind. I felt like I was going insane. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I loved Clary more than anything but did she feel the same way because right now, it didn't feel like that.

My heart was aching to just get her back but it didn't look like she wanted to come back at all. Was this how our love would end? We were not meant to stay together until the end?

I squeezed my eyes shut as some tears managed to escape my eyes. I guess that Jace saw how this was affecting me and shut his mouth. He was frustrated just like anyone else. Deep inside his heart, he was probably questioning everything that Clary was doing right now.

I whimpered softly and didn't hold my tears back as I normally would. Everything was hurting so much. Everything that was going on just hurt so fucking much. I couldn't bare with this pain. The thought of not having my Clary around made me want to die.

"Alec..." I heard Izzy's calm voice. I opened my eyes and looked at my little sister. She clearly could see and feel the pain I was going through.

"I asked her to stay but she didn't... She left." I said slowly and looked up.

"But we have to find her. Follow her. I think she is meeting someone here." I then explained. My heart felt heavy and I truly didn't feel like doing anything but then again, I was afraid that if I didn't do anything that I might end up losing her.

"Did she go inside there?" Jace quickly asked and I nodded my head. Without really saying another word to one another, we quietly made our way through the forest.

I tried tracking her again through my rune but I couldn't. There was something blocking it and I had no idea what it was. I sighed out frustrated as we kept on walking somewhere, where we had no idea where it was leading us into.

Did we care?

No.

Did we know that it was dangerous?

Yes.

"Do you think that she is doing something she is not supposed to do?" Jace asked out of the sudden. I turned my head towards hi way and shrugged my shoulders.

My mind was so blank that the only thought that was roaming around in my mind was the love that I had for Clary and that I hoped she had for me too.

"I think she might be wanting to sacrifice herself for everyone's sake." I spoke quietly.

"The clave would be happy about it. Being able to kind of get rid of everyone that is higher than them." Jace replied and I nodded. The clave definitely had a problem with Clary.

She was powerful. Something the clave could never reach and normally the clave would just get rid off them quietly but they needed her. If she ended up exhausting her body, she would definitely die like she did almost when Jonathan tried to attack her before I and her were even together.

I smiled softly.

That was the day that I realised that I had feelings for her. The day were everything became clear to me. My weird behaviour around her and me becoming nervous or jealous when she was around Simon. I finally could make sense of my so not Alec behaviour.

"What are you smiling about?" Izzy asked and I just looked at her before I replied without really realising what it was about, "The day when I realised my true feelings for Clary."

She looked a bit taken back by my so honest answer. I opened my mouth slightly to sweet talk it over but it didn't really matter anymore. I couldn't talk myself out of this. It was what it was. Everyone knew I loved her. Everyone knew that she was the reason how I found my smile and light back.

It was all because of Clary.

"We will find her." She reassured me as she saw my anxious expression on my face. I smiled weakly at her before nodding my head.

After walking for an hour, we finally reached a place that I didn't even think existed. My eyes widened when I saw Clary standing and just right in front of her was Jonathan. I wanted to walk towards them but Jace quickly pulled me down which caused me to crouch and sit behind the bushes.

"Look Agramon and Valentine are here too. We won't be able to stand against them. We need back up." He whispered in my ear. I sighed as I nodded my head.

My eyes were fixated on Clary. She was just standing there as if she was getting ready to fight them. My heart sank when I realised that, that was exactly what she was trying to do.

She was going to fight them off alone

"I have to admit, Clarissa. You are very brave." Valentine spoke out. Clary now looked towards him and smiled.

"I wish I could say the same thing about you." She replied which faded away Valentine's ugly smirk off his face. I slightly smiled by her harsh answer. That's the Clary I knew.

"Let her talk now because soon, you won't be able too anymore." Agramon said and slightly walked forward. I could see that she looked tense and nervous.

"I need to get to her." I said and without thinking, I stood up and ran towards Clary.

________________________________

Helloo!!

Oh my god, I can't believe it. Shadows is actually coming towards an end😭 I am honestly so ready for all of you to read it!
What do you think will happen?