Labor Day // Part Two

the moment we've all been waiting for :)

--

Sister Woodhouse was evidently frustrated with my lack of participation in our conversation today. I was purposely being silent, especially after everything that had happened over the past few days. There was no interest to speak to her and have her criticize my every move.

"You're not being as open with me as you have been." She folded her hands neatly on the table as she stared me down. "What's changed, my dear?"

"I'm not in the mood for talking. You already know everything," I mumbled as I tapped my fingers gently on my knee in distraction.

Sister Woodhouse hummed, "Then let's talk about something specific. Your father isn't in your life anymore, is he?"

I took a deep breath. Out of all of our conversations, Paul had never come up specifically. "Why are we talking about him?"

"Sister Livingston shared with me her conversation with Mr. Lodge not too long ago. Your father was one of those topics. He obviously haunts you."

I laughed as I brought my gaze up. "He ruined me. I see him in my nightmares, I look over my shoulder for him. He's still out there. He's not gone. He'll come back."

"Then why not go with him?" She questioned.

"Are you kidding me?" I snapped as my palm connected with the table with a smack. "He almost killed me and you're suggesting I go with him?"

Sister Woodhouse held her hand up at the nurse who peered in the door at the yelling. Obviously she wasn't threatened by my anger but I wanted her to be. She didn't understand.

"This pent up anger is holding you down, dear. You need to release it," She advised, "You're suffering from holding a grudge. Let it go."

I shook my head as I wiped the angry tears from my cheeks. "That's where you're wrong, Sister Woodhouse. This isn't a grudge. This is hatred."

Sister Woodhouse started to argue back with me but a piercing ring stopped her response. Red lights flooded the hallways as the alarm continued its deafening tone throughout the area.

I saw the nurses disappear from the window and take off down the hallway, leaving the door unprotected. Sister Woodhouse stood up from her seat, her voice barely recognizable as she told me to sit back down.

"Savanna!"

"Jug?" My voice cracked as I spoke his name almost silently. Yelling followed my question, causing more panic. Ignoring Sister Woodhouse's attempts to get me to stay put, I ripped the door open and ran into the chaotic hallway.

"Savanna!"

"Jughead!" I screamed back as I looked behind me before taking off down the hallway. I could barely hear Sister Woodhouse's shouts to stop me but her voice was drowned out with the alarms as I turned a corner, blocking myself from view.