Survive The Night

okay, so I'm imagining Savanna's outfit as the dress above but in light blue but feel free to adjust it however you'd like

okay, so I'm imagining Savanna's outfit as the dress above but in light blue but feel free to adjust it however you'd like. buckle up kiddos, you're in for a ride. here's the finale! enjoy all 8,115 words!

trigger warnings for death, physical harm, and mentions of suicide

--

My mind was racing. And not in the 'oh I have a lot of thoughts right now'. No. It was full-on sprinting a 5k with zero breaks and no stopping and I thought I was going to drop dead. There were so many questions, so many what-ifs, and I was exhausted. I didn't know how Jughead always kept up with the constant surprises and shocks of this town.

Our next move was to drop everything and go to FP's office. The sheriff was less than surprised to see us, yet the information we had was jaw-dropping.

"I refuse to accept what Ethel said," Jughead concluded once he finished the explanation of what had happened. "That Jason Blossom is the Gargoyle King, even though his coffin was empty. It defies logic."

FP shook his head as he shrugged. "Well, say Ethel is off her rocker, okay, but where's Jason's body? And someone is still wearing the Gargoyle King's antler, so it's up to us to figure out who. Blossom or no Blossom."

"I keep thinking about that matchbook that Dr. Curdle found in Baby Teeth's throat. Kurtz must've gotten that at the Maple Club, right?"

"What are you getting at?"

Jughead leaned forward in anticipation. "Do you have a copy of Kurtz's mugshot that I can borrow?"

With the picture in hand, we moved towards the infamous Maple Club that was still dark and creepy at this hour of the night. Penelope wasn't in sight, but one of her co-workers was and Jughead didn't hesitate to approach her.

"Did you ever see a client here by the name of Kurtz at the Maple Club? He looked like this." Jughead showed the photo.

The woman nodded without a beat. "Yes. I never worked with him directly."

"Who did he work with?" I asked.

"All of his interactions were with..."

"The Red Dahlia? Penelope Blossom?" I offered the suggestion. The women nodded in agreement. "Out of curiosity, you never saw Penelope with a young man, a young redhead, did you?"

Her eyebrows furrowed before she answered. "You mean her kid, Jason? Yeah, sure. He came around."

The pit in my stomach seemed to grow with every word before Jughead thanked her for her time and we exited the club. Once in the hallway, I ran my hands through my hair with a sigh. "This is so fucked up. I just want you to know."