Prom Night // Part Three

"Ow, Veronica!" I yelped, "Jesus, I think it's tight enough!"

My sister, who was inches away from putting her foot in my back and pulling was tightening the corset on my dress to impossible lengths. "Sorry! I'm just trying to make you look as good as possible. Suck it in."

"I swear, if I breathe, a rib is gonna pop out," I groaned as she finally tied the bow in the back. "I hope I don't have to go to the bathroom."

"Hold it," She directed as she applied some lipstick in the mirror. "Come on, the limo's almost here."

I took one last look in the mirror to make sure everything looked okay. Felicity had spent literally an hour on my makeup, perfecting the shimmery gold eyeshadow to match my dress before completing the look with a nude lip. I had taken Sylvia's advice with the hair and did half-up, half-down curls which were much longer than I thought across my back. A gold Cartier trinity necklace rested on my chest, courtesy of Veronica's request to finish the entire outfit.

The chaotic energy of the day was only getting started. Veronica had come straight from La Bonne Nuit to get ready with the three of us before a limo would be here to take us to the dance. Why, I couldn't tell you. I was completely fine sitting in the car, but no. The Lodges are extra with everything they do.

"Holy shit, can you breathe?" Felicity asked as she stood in the kitchen, applying lip gloss as she spoke.

I shook my head slightly and slid my flats on. "Barely. I might pass out later, just in case anybody cares."

"I'll catch you," She returned as she shoved the tube of gloss in her clutch.

I gave her a grateful smile as Veronica shouted that it was time to go. Betty had already left a little bit ago to have dinner with Connor. The rest of us had opted to skip a fancy meal, instead snacking for the time being until we had a large sleepover here afterward.

"Well if that isn't a sight for sore eyes," Veronica's comment had me looking up from my feet to see Archie, Jughead, and Reggie all standing outside of the sleek black limo that Hiram no doubt paid for. All three boys were dressed in their respective outfits, magically coordinating with each of us. Thankfully, all drama between Veronica, Reggie, and Archie was put on hold for the night so everyone could just enjoy the moment and make memories.

"You look absolutely stunning," The words were out of Jughead's mouth before I could even say hello. He grabbed my hand, kissing the back of it gently. "Are you ready for this?"

I gave him a smile. "As I'll ever be. And thank you." I leaned forward to kiss his cheek, careful not to leave any lipstick in my tracks. "You look amazing too."

The ride to school was filled with lots of screaming lyrics and sneaking drinks from Reggie's multiple flasks before we arrived. I was already woozy with excitement but the addition of alcohol had my brain warm enough to hopefully stay focused and catch our target of the night.