As Above, So Below // Part Two

Kevin Keller had never looked so excited to see me

Kevin Keller had never looked so excited to see me. He was practically glowing as he carried my bag over his shoulder while we walked to the parking lot.

"I just want you to know how honored I am that you asked me to escort you today," He said as he opened the passenger door to his truck. "I'm here at your service, ma'am."

I chuckled as I climbed in the seat and took my bag from him. "Wouldn't want anyone else, Kev."

He smiled before closing the door and walking to the driver's seat. "So, where would you like to go first? Choose wisely, this is the first thing you'll get since your four months of imprisonment."

I rolled my eyes but shifted in my seat to face him. "How does Pop's sound?"

"Pop's?" Kevin glanced at me before moving his eyes back on the road. "Good choice."

I shrugged. "What can I say? I've been craving a shake for quite some time now."

The parking lot for the diner was empty except for a few cars considering it was early in the morning. The moment I walked through the door, a smile formed on my face. The diner was warm and I could smell food instantly, making my stomach rumble.

"Savanna?"

I spun on my heels to face the source of the noise. "Josie!"

The singer gasped before hugging me tightly. "It's so good to see you!"

"You too," I hummed as I returned her gesture. As I pulled away, I looked over my shoulder at Pop who was smiling at us. "Pop."

"Savanna. It's good to have you back." He held out a bag of food and a drink. "Kevin said you would probably come here first, so I figured I should at least be somewhat prepared."

"I'm not complaining." I grabbed the shake and food eagerly. God, Jughead's usually the one excited for food. "Thank you, Pop."

He nodded before facing Josie and Kevin. "You guys looking for Veronica?"

"Wait," I looked between the three of them. "She's here?"

Pop nodded. "Right this way." We followed him towards the back of the diner where there was an old telephone booth. "Pick up the phone and dial 6-4-2."

Kevin shrugged before stepping in and dialing the numbers. He was quiet for a moment before frowning. "Uh, I don't know. Stonewall."

Suddenly, the slot in the wall opened up to reveal a pair of eyes. "Close enough."

Kevin hung the phone up the wall next to him opened up to reveal Reggie. Josie murmured in disbelief next to me as we walked through the doorway.

"Savanna," Reggie pursed his lips and nodded when I stood in front of him. "Good to see you."

I shook my head at his tone but smiled nonetheless. "You too, Reggie."

He nudged his head behind him. "Come on in."