The Stranger // Part Two

Although it was completely rude of Archie to bust out of the party like he did, I tried to understand his feelings and let it go

Although it was completely rude of Archie to bust out of the party like he did, I tried to understand his feelings and let it go. I knew Veronica put a lot of effort into planning and getting everyone involved, so she had a right to be upset, but I knew she wouldn't linger on it for long.

Jughead was occupied for the day trying to set up a plan to catch the Gargoyle King so I decided on spending some quality time with two of my favorite people. I had a completely open agenda and figured there was some catching up needed.

"To what do I owe this... untimely pleasure, Savanna Marrows?" Cheryl's red lips turned into a frown once she opened the door to me. I had a feeling both she and Toni would still be upset about everything that went down at the Serpent meeting, but I didn't want that to fracture our friendship in the long run.

I gave her a small smile. "Figured we had some catching up to do, Cheryl. Mind if I come in?" I wiggled the bag of Pop's in my hand as a slight bait. She huffed before opening the door wider and allowing me to step inside.

"Very well," She hummed as she collected the food from my hand. "We can enjoy this in the kitchen. Babe! Snacks have arrived."

I followed Cheryl through the maze of Thistlehouse into the pristine kitchen where she began separating the food for everyone. I took a seat at the large marble counter as I took a sip of my shake.

"Vanna!" Toni's voice was much happier than Cheryl's as she hugged me from behind. "Didn't expect to see you here."

I shrugged as she took a seat next to me. "Figured we all needed some time together. I hope everything's been okay with you guys?"

Toni waved her hand and bit a few fries. "If this is about what happened at the meeting, we know it's not your fault."

I tilted my head from side to side. "Maybe not, however, it was my boyfriend and it was my family that brought the two of you forward, so, I feel like I owe an apology."

Cheryl pursed her lips in thought before sipping her own strawberry shake. "Unnecessary apology accepted," She decided. "We'll find our place outside of the Serpents anyway. In the meantime, however, I had plans to bake the day away. Would you like to join us?"

A smile grew on my face as I nodded, relief overflowing me knowing that at the end of the day, I still had Cheryl and Toni on my side.

--

Somewhere through our third batch of cookies and second thing of cupcakes, Jughead called me to request a quick meeting at Pop's. After bidding Cheryl and Toni goodbye, I made my way to the infamous diner and found my raven-haired boyfriend in his usual booth.

"Jug, hi," I greeted as I slid across from him, my fingers instantly grabbing a couple of fries to munch on. "What's up? How did everything go?"

Jughead shrugged. "Well, the plan went fine, if that's what you mean."