Bizzarodale // Part Two

Reggie's car was sparkling when he picked Veronica and me up from Pop's

Reggie's car was sparkling when he picked Veronica and me up from Pop's. The drive to the location of his dad's dealership didn't take long at all, and soon enough, Reggie was climbing out of the car with a Gargoyle mask on while we stayed to wait.

"So, how'd your SAT scores turn out?" Veronica unfolded a book in front of her face as she asked the question.

I dropped my phone in my lap out of shock. "What? They're out?"

She nodded and glanced at me in the mirror. "You seriously didn't look?"

"I've been busy!" I defended as I scrambled to login and check my results. Clearly, I hadn't checked my email either for the notification and I was literally screaming at myself for forgetting all day. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I clicked the View My Results button.

Veronica must've been staring at me because I felt her hit me with her book. "Well?"

I peeked an eye open to look at my screen before practically throwing my phone across the seat and screaming. Veronica's expression quickly became panicked and as if on cue, a gunshot sounded from somewhere nearby. Reggie was suddenly running full force towards his car causing Veronica to toss her book aside and start the engine.

"Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!" Reggie shouted as he slung a bag through the window before climbing in and holding his arm tightly. 

"Oh, my God. Reggie, were you shot?" I gasped as I watched the blood start to seep through the sleeve of his sweatshirt.

He nodded and grit his teeth as he pressed against the wound. "Yeah. I got the money but turns out there was security after all."

Veronica pulled her sunglasses down to look closer. "Well, are you okay?"

"Drive! Drive!" Reggie screamed, causing Veronica to peel it away from the curb at record speed, thankfully not killing us in the meantime.

"Fuck," I mumbled as I grabbed a t-shirt from the floor and tore the fabric before wrapping it around Reggie's arm to stop the bleeding. Once it was tied, I sank back in my seat and closed my eyes tightly. This is so not what Allison meant when she said to try to live a normal life.

Pop's was thankfully not super packed when we pulled in, which made sneaking Reggie down to the speakeasy a little bit smoother with a towel around his shoulders to cover his bloody sleeve than it should've. While Veronica got to work on patching up the wound, I literally curled up in a booth and placed my head on the table. I already felt the panic seeping its way up my throat practically as it took over my body in mere seconds.

As much as I tried to fight it, I knew it wouldn't help, and without Jughead here, I had to figure this out on my own, as difficult as it was. I tried counting my breathing, locating things in the room, sounds I could hear, but everything led back to Reggie's bloody, wounded arm. Jughead in FP's arms. Andre on the floor of the Pembrooke lobby. My brother. My mom.