The Red Dahlia // Part One

Riverdale, if I put it in Jughead's terms, was noir

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Riverdale, if I put it in Jughead's terms, was noir. Noir meaning a genre of crime film, characterized by death and in my opinion, it fits perfectly. With Claudius Blossom murdered mysteriously in his jail cell, and Tall Boy being killed by Fangs accidentally, it was only a matter of time before newly appointed Sheriff Jones was busting down my apartment door in search of my boyfriend.

Betty was busy communicating with her inmate of a father while Jughead and I spent most of our time catching up and rifling through The Blue and Gold. Veronica and I were at the hospital if not our separate homes, helping our mom through something nobody should have to go through. I was conflicted on where to go next. What would happen from here?

My current situation, and the answer to my question, appeared almost as if on cue. Veronica had invited Jughead and me to the speakeasy for a little lunch and catch up. As suspicious as I was, I valued the time I got to spend with both my boyfriend and sister so we accepted.

"I had Pop whip us up some shakes as well so I'll go grab them and be right down," Veronica set the food in front of us as I kicked Jughead's knee so he would put his laptop away. He gave me a harsh glare but followed nonetheless, easily distracted by the food in front of his eyes.

Veronica, as promised, returned right away, however, there was an extra set of feet with her. I shrugged it off as Reggie, or possibly even Archie, but continued to busy myself with the warm fries.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is," The voice sent chills down my spine without me having to spare a glance at who had walked in.

Jughead looked up before me, anger immediately overcoming his features as he kicked his chair back and got to his feet. "Oh you son of a-"

"Jug!" I interrupted him before he had a chance to continue his insult. I got to my feet to face none other than Elio who was setting a large flower piece on the bar of the speakeasy. "Elio, to what do we owe the pleasure?" I approached him while Jughead quickly followed in step behind me as he watched my every move.

"A gift," The asshole offered as he motioned to the plants he brought. "In support of Hiram, from my family to yours."

I nodded and pursed my lips. "And while we appreciate the offer, Elio, diamonds are a girl's best friend."

Elio chuckled and took another step towards me, halting my approach. "These are for your father. I heard he was still in the hospital and I wanted to come here personally to let you both know I am praying he pulls through."

"Well, to paraphrase Samuel Clemens, reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated," Veronica responded with a sneer. She didn't want him here either and his petty gifts meant dirt to us.

Elio smirked at her. "The vultures are circling, Veronica. They're eager to swoop in on your father's territory."

I scoffed, "Are you talking about yourself?" Clearly, he must remember that he's a rich, narcissistic asshole who likes to cause people harm?

Hold On || Jughead Jonesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें