The Red Dahlia // Part Three

The cork of the wine bottle completed the first glass container in my house amongst its other matches

The cork of the wine bottle completed the first glass container in my house amongst its other matches. Felicity had told me to start a cork collection and that we could add to it over time, however, it really just made me feel like an alcoholic, but it was entertaining to some degree. It didn't take long for Veronica to come through the front door, surprisingly with Reggie in tow. No questions were asked, but I knew by the rush she came in that there was some news to tell.

"So," My sister began as she sat at the counter. She had neglected a drink to my curiosity and instead jumped right into it. "I think Mom may have hired someone to shoot Dad so that she could make a profit from the sale of his drug operation."

I almost choked on my drink. "What?"

"I know," Veronica ignored my surprise, thankfully, and continued with her idea. "So, we need to act fast. Tonight, we're going to break into the prison, find the drugs, and destroy them, and the equipment before my mom sells everything."

Reggie nodded and finished his beer. "Sounds a lot like the plot of Bad Boys II. I'm in Ronnie. But why? If she's selling it--"

"I'll be damned if my mom gets a payout for her crimes," She sighed as her phone began to ring on the table. "Archie? What happened?" Reggie looked at me and rolled his eyes. Not that I blamed him; this whole back and forth thing with him and Veronica often left him with the short stick. Veronica pulled her phone from her ear and shook her head as she looked at me. "I gotta go."

"To meet Archie?" Reggie asked with a mocking tone.

Veronica shook her head. "It's not what you think, but can you handle our heist on your own, Bad Boy?"

Reggie hesitated but nodded nonetheless. "Yeah, I got it."

"Wait, what happened?" I asked as I placed the bottle of wine back in the fridge. "Why do you have to meet Archie?"

"You're coming," She directed as she gathered her stuff. "I'll explain on the way."

With a huff, I finished my drink before collecting my jacket and phone while slipping shoes on somewhere in between. Bidding Reggie goodbye, I climbed into Veronica's car, which we were supposed to share, but I gave up on that when I got the apartment.

"Okay, are you going to tell me...or?" I scrolled through my phone, sending Jughead a text about Veronica's plan with Reggie.

Veronica turned into the hospital parking lot to my surprise. "Archie called and said something happened. Someone tried to take Daddy out but Archie managed to shoot them instead."

"I...what?" I asked as she whipped it into a parking spot. She was quick to hop out, leaving me inside to almost be locked in. "Wait, Ronnie!" I scrambled out after her as we made our way into the hospital. Veronica didn't even bother stopping at the reception desk and instead headed straight to where Hiram's room was. Archie was sitting on a bench outside with his head in his hands.