4

Chapter four:

*one week later*

*Abby's p.o.v.*

Well it's been a week since my crazy ex foster family (fake parents) attacked me. I just found out a few days ago that Emma and I have to go to court today , so we're leaving tomorrow to go and start the tour, which is all fine with me, as long as the monsters are locked up and in a jail cell and stay there until they die, yes I know that that sounds terrible to wish upon someone or two someone's, but it's not terrible or horrible to wish it upon the two people that hurt you the most in your life. I feel like if they get locked up that my life will be easier without having to worry about them coming after me. Because then I know that I can put this nightmare behind me and I will never have to look back at it, which will be nice, because right now, that is all I need. I looked at the clock in my room, it's now eight in the morning, I got out of bed and walked to my bathroom and walked in and turned on the shower. I took a half hour shower than got out and blow dried my hair and got ready. I decided to wear a skirt with leggings, a tank top, a loose fitting sweater and a pair of black flats. I walked downstairs. Soon Daniel and Stephen walked downstairs and then the doorbell rang and Emma came in. We walked out to the car and got in. Emma and I sat in the back. Daniel sat in the drivers seat while Stephen sat down in the passenger seat. The ride to the court room was short and we got there in no time. We got out of the car and walked inside.

~ skipping to when the case starts~

"Abigail Richter do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?" The judge asked.

"I Abigail Richter swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth about what happened last week," I said.

"Okay so what happened last Tuesday evening?" The lawyer for my ex parents asked.

"I was with my best friend Emma at her house when we heard a noise downstairs," I said.

"What kind of noise?" The lawyer asked.

"I heard people walking around and the sound of glass breaking, Emma and I decided to go downstairs and see who was there," I said.

"What happened when you got downstairs?" The lawyer asked.

"Let's just say I got attacked, they said that they wouldn't hurt me, but they lied and cut my arms anyways, I still have faint marks on my arms and they still hurt when someone touches them," I said.

"Okay you may go and sit back down thanks for being honest Abigail," the lawyer said.

"You're welcome thanks for taking the time to listen to my side of the story." I said as I walked off of the stand and walked over to the table where mine and Emma's lawyers were sitting.

~skipping the rest of the court case~

About two hours later after the questioning was done the lawyers turned to the judge. The judge turned to the jury. The jury than left the room to go and talk somewhere else to make their decision. The jury came back a little while later with their decision. Emma and were sitting on edge waiting to hear what would happen to the two monsters.

"Mr Baxter and Mrs Baxter you two have been found guilty on child abuse, harming another person, breaking into someone's house, stalking and as a result of the above charges you will each spend twenty five years in jail (*life in prison is the term that is used in law*)," the judge said.

"But Abigail isn't a child anymore," my ex parents said.

"Yeah we know that she isn't but the abuse started when she was still a minor and yes we did get access to her hospital records before this court hearing," the judge said.