4. The mall

Talana Monique

My mama barged into the pool room, everyone stopped what they were doing. Kandy jumped up from KDs lap acting all innocent my mama just stared at me i could see the anger in her eyes "taylana Monique who you got all up in my house" she said walking further in eyeing the boys.

"Mama... uhh—-" she snapped her fingers cutting me off "AH AH don't be stuttering now lil girl, get these gang bangers outta ma house befo I call yo father" she stormed out of the room not saying anything else. I looked to Kentrell my eyes started watering, me and my mama ain't been close since her and my father got a divorce she pushed me away. I was her only child too. "Y'all heard her" they all started to get up, switching off the music ion know why they didn't do that as soon as she walked in! Dummy niggas "wooooo Lana bouta get her ass beat" three said i shook my head rolling my eyes at him "Thanks for coming or whatever" they gathered there things heading to the door.

Kentrell walked close beside me using his index finger to grab my baby finger pulling it gently, he held it as we walked to the door. "Catch ya later T" the boys said, i waved them off "Slide me yo number on DM finna FaceTime you later" kentrell said to me before walking off the porch. Kay kissed my cheek and left "see you tomorrow T, sorry bout uh... yo mama" I gave her a weak smile before closing the door.

I took a deep breath before walking into the kitchen where my mom was at, "ma you mad still?" I said hesitantly, she ignored me for a few minutes before slamming her hand down on the table "You had them gang banging rappers all up in my house, smoking weed and playing loud music you know what these neighbours be like"

"but ma they ain't complain, the music weren't even that loud" i said lying "Taylana i heard that shit from outside, not loud my ass I don't want you hanging around them boys anymore I thought you didn't fuck with them anyways" I shrugged, she knew that because when we was close I use to tell her everything my mama know who Kentrell is she doesn't really like his music nor him.

"I didn't but they are actually pretty chill and really nice Mama" "I do not care, I don't wanna hear it... you are grounded till I say otherwise bring your ass upstairs" I was going to say something but I just couldn't be bothered to argue with her. I brang my ass upstairs slamming my door shut I heard her call out "I wish you would slam my door again" I rolled my eyes sitting on the edge of my bed, I checked the time it was only 6:46pm. I laid back on my bed thinking about the day.

I was lowkey starting to like chilling with the gang they wasn't as bad as I thought they was, maybe because i didn't give them a chance before but I guess now is the time... Kentrell on the other hand ooooo he gets under my skin but he's showed a completely different side to him since I met him. He seems interested in me but is that because he's bored and just around me or is it genuine I guess we will find out, I think ima start being more nicer to them, whatever. I clicked on kandys name calling her mobile...

"Hey how did your mom react?"She asked curiously.

"I don't know she went off on me, saying how she thought I wasn't cool with them and shit which is true... I think she was just mad because of the loud music and weed"

"Hmm I hear you, anyways you coming with us tomorrow to the mall" Kandy popped her gum, I knew this bitch was laying down in bed with her legs up.

"Y'all going to the mall?! Fuck my ma grounded me, ion know till when" I sighed.

"Girl you 18, You is growwwwn and still getting grounded?!" She asked shocked

"I know bitch but I'm still living under her roof, her rules" I shrugged

"I guess but Tay answer this, what was you and Kentrell doing in the pool room when we walked in... I know there weren't no 'talking'"

I sighed rolling my eyes, getting up from my bed. I fixed the bed getting ready to lay in it,Kandy was on speaker "K tell me why Kentrell was all up on me again tryna get in my panties, telling me I'm wet and shit i told this nigga not for you tuh!"