21. First day of tears

Talana Monique

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"Talana wake your ass up for school" My momma yelled, causing me to groan.

Five minutes passed

"Talana Monique! I ain't about to tell your ass again, if your ass want a ride to school then you better get the fuck up" she opened my door shouting, standing there watching me sleep.

"Damn ma, I'm getting up" I said struggling to get out of bed

"Don't be damning up in my damn house lil girl" she pointed her toothbrush at me. Girl go brush your teeth before talking shit to me.

I ignored her getting out of the bed, gathering my hygiene products. She left the room leaving the door opened. I walked over slamming it shut.

"I wish you would slam my gotdamn door again" she yelled out to me.

"Mane shut up" I mumbled walking into my bathroom, getting ready for the day.

Once I was ready, I checked out my outfit to make sure it was okay. I was wearing grey Nike leggings with a grey Nike jumper, I walked over to my closet pulling out my red jacket.

"Are you ready?" My momma asked coming into my room. "Yes I'm ready mother" I joked with her.

"You white?" She questioned

"No" I rolled my eyes "let's go"

We walked outside to her car, as soon as I put my belt on my phone started ringing.

Who the fuck calling me this early?

'Kentrell🥰❤️' would like to FaceTime...

"Hey Kentrell" I smiled into the camera, it took a few moments for the call to connect and I heard him speak.

"Wassam bae, you on your way to school?" He looked into the camera, he had a blunt to his lips and by the looks of it. He just woke up.

"Yeah my momma dropping me" I put the camera on her and she waved. "Why you up so early?"

"Wassup OG, and can't a nigga be up early?" He fired back looking at me crazy

"Don't get smart with me Kentrell. I'm just saying because you had a show last night and was travelling, you should be sleeping" my momma sped down the road, not paying me and Kentrells phone call any attention.

"Nawl sleep for the weak, I'm good" he smirked at me exhaling the smoke from his mouth.

"Make sure your ass stays in school and behaves" he winked at me, smiling like he was somebody's father.

"Mhmmm" my momma side-eyed me then looked back at the road, I gave her a look before continuing my conversation.

"Since when did you become my damn daddy?" I spat.

"Since Saturday night" he licked his lips, grinning in the camera.

"Boy! My momma hea"

"You fucking?" My momma asked curiously

"No!" I lied.

Kentrell was laughing hysterically down the phone, my momma was staring at me.

"He's lying. He wishes ma" I lied once again, this time Kentrell didn't say anything. Thankfully

"Okay I believe chill" my momma pulled up outside the school, where Kandy was waiting for me.

She walked up to the window showing all her teeth, someone was sure happy to see me.