Wish

JM POV:

It was almost mid-day and still, there was no sign of Jungkook which made me worried since he was sneezing pretty badly last night. I approached his room, knocking repeatedly but still, there was no sign of anyone inside. I was about to give up knocking and go search for him elsewhere when the door slowly opened revealing a disheveled Jungkook. 

"Kookie", I gasped after seeing him in such a state.

 His nose was red; his eyes were hooded and teary as he kept on sniffling. 

"Oh, my God kook, why didn't you call me when you were this sick?" I scolded this idiot who let go of the door tiredly walking inside the room, flopping on the bed like a starfish. I touched his forehead that was burning hot.

 "I am so done with you kook, you are burning for God's sake", I sighed loudly so done with the childishness of the younger. 

"Shhh, don't speak too loud Hyung, my head hurts", Jungkook mumbled in a low voice making me shut up for good. 

"Ok, just stay in, I will go bring some medicine from my room", I said shutting the door while making my way to my room to get some aspirin and tablets to reduce his fever.

 "Here take these medicines", I handed him a couple of tablets which he reluctantly gulped down with some warm water. 

"Now lay here quietly, Hyung is gonna take real good care of you", I said as I placed cold towels on his forehead to help his body lower down its temperature. 

"Yes, hello Jin Hyung, can you cook some soup for Kookie and bring it to his room, he is down with the cold", I dialed Jin Hyung who was an expert at taking care of his sick dongseangs. 

"Thank you Hyung, I will wait, bye", I ended the call receiving a positive reply from the elder. 

"You know, in situations like these usually lovers cook themselves the soups for the later", Jungkook mumbled in his mouth making my face go cherry red.

 "Did he just call us "Lovers?" an electric current ran inside my body thinking of all the possibilities of Us, together.

 "Don't fool yourselves Jimin, he is with you because he thinks of you as Jihan, the moment you tell him the truth, he will end up throwing you from his life", I scolded my mind that was getting off track. It was bad enough that I have taken place of my brother as his friend; no way could I try to be something more when the guilt was eating me up from the inside. 

"He probably didn't mean it, he just said it because he is sick, yeah..... That's the only reason", I explained to myself.

 "Yah~~~~ I can't cook that is why I asked Jin Hyung, consider yourself lucky that I am even taking care of you", I tried to keep my voice as calm as I could while my heart was about to jump out from my chest. 

"Whatever you say Hyung", he mumbled sleepily while drifting off to sleep as soon as the medicines kicked in.

 I continue to sit by his side admiring his sleeping face that looked so pure and innocent. If you look close enough he was still that nine years old Jungkook that I last saw, a glint of childish innocence still clouding his mature face.

 "Will you be the same Kookie you are when I will tell you the truth?" I said running my finger through his soft hair as he continued to sleep.

 "Will you stay by my side, finding I am not the one you ever wanted", I mumbled sadly as a tear left my eye. 

"Will you forget all these moments that we spend together like they never existed", I said tracing my finger along his soft eyelashes.