Busan

3rd POV:

The car ride was filled with thick silence and the air felt too heavy to breathe, at least it did for Jimin. 

His mind was like a volcano right now, ready to erupt.

 He was walking on a double sharpened sword where one single miss-step would cut him doesn't matter which side he is on.

 He wanted to make one last effort before he reaches his decision. He has been withstanding the latter's hate for such a long time that he was near to his breaking point. He wanted to hate him so much, but his heart won't let him... the guilt and the burden of his own mistakes won't let him. 

He was emotionally tired after all this time. 

How many more apologies, how many insults, and how many more new bruises would it take for the younger boy to forgive him?

 Was there even a chance of being forgiven? 

But one last time, one last effort he wanted to make.

 He hoped that maybe this one last time he would be able to convince Jungkook that whatever he did wasn't totally out of selfish reasons.

 It was out of pity, out of guilt and out of fear. 

How could he bear to tell him at that moment that he failed at the task assigned by Jungkook, taking care of his Hyung?

 How could he tell him at that time that he practically was the cause of his lover's death? 

He accepted that it was a mistake, a huge mistake on his part to take the matter so lightly, for thinking that Jungkook will accept and move on after a certain time, what he didn't know was that love is not like a flower that blooms for a while and then withers away, love is like a seed that roots itself deeply under the surface, growing, maturing, nourishing itself but never dying. 

Jimin stole a glance of Jungkook whose gaze was focused strictly on the road as the car was racing its way to the city that was once the center of their hopes, their happiness, and their content. 

"Where?" It was the only word exchanged between them after such a long ride. "C-cemetery", Jimin hesitantly said.

 Something flashed in Jungkook's eyes, but his facial expression didn't it away. 

He kind of got the idea what Jimin was trying to do but for now, he just let him do what he wanted to do, this wasn't the right time to make his move. 

Jungkook pulled the car at the cemetery gate. 

The dark and quiet atmosphere of the night was heightening the gloominess of the place. 

They both silently got out of the car, no words exchanged.

 None were needed.

 Jimin led the way taking small and hesitant steps towards a certain direction.

 Jungkook couldn't see Jim's expression since he was trailing behind, who was crying a waterfall out of his eyes. With every step his feet started to weight like a ton. It has been a while, a long while since he came back since he had abandoned his other half, for selfish reasons.

 "Yeah, that is right. You are a selfish bastard Jiminah, and you deserve everything you get for being one", Jimin was silently cursing himself in his mind, his self-hatred and loathing increasing with every passing second.

 Finally, his feet halted making Jungkook pause his steps along with him and Jimin heard the loudest gasp he ever heard from the latter's mouth. 

JK POV:

"In the Loving memory of Park Jihan

xxxx~xxxx

"H-hyung???", I knew this was coming. 

I knew I had to keep myself strong and show no emotion for Jimin's satisfaction but how could I not see the name of my lover carved on a gravestone.

 My knees gave up and I fell on the ground with a loud thud. 

Silent tears streamed down my face as I tried my best not to let any sob escape. 

I roughly wiped the tears with the back of my hand as I stood up facing the person whom I heavily wished, at the moment, should have been in place of his brother. 

I gave him a deathly glare void of any emotion.

 "What is the meaning of all this?" I said in a low voice with venom dripping off from words.

 "Y-you needed t-this", he stuttered pathetically as he continued to stare at his dead brothers grave trying to find protection in his gravestone, just like he always did... sticking to his brother like a leech who wasn't satisfied even after burying him six feet under the ground. 

"Huh", I scoffed at his annoying face. 

"Did you really think that I needed some pathetic excuse of a tombstone to remember my love? I never forgot him to begin with. Or was it YOU who need the protection of his name from me once again, how pathetic and low can you be Park Jimin?" I said grinding my teeth in anger. 

"Tell me midget!, why did you bring me here out of all places huh? Did you expect some change of heart, some spell to unwind that will make me forgive the things you did? Did you expect to use this act of care as an excuse to make me bow down to you? I am sorry to burst your bubble, but you did all this for nothing Jimin-shi", I said backing away from his grave where his name was etched in pure cursives making my heart ache as my eyes traced every slanted line.

 "He loved you too you know", a small mumble made me freeze in my steps. 

"What did you say?" I said closing in the distance making sure what I just heard.

 "You are wrong! Jungkook, so, so wrong. I never came here for myself; I came here for you to help you find your lost self. I took us here to provide with you the closure you never had. I took you here to tell you his story, the part that you didn't get to witness", I heard him say through his tears as I found all my words, all my thoughts escape my mind as I softly sat down by his grave tracing the empty name carved on the cold black marble with my trembling fingers.

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: Merry Christmas to everyone, Hope you all have amazing holidays. 🌲⛄🎄🎄🎄🎁🎉🎇

I know the chapter is depressing and the updates are wayyyy too irregular but once I am free from my exams... my sole goal will be finishing this book 😐😬😬😬

Look forward to it... I really appreciate your patience and support😌😌😌

Love you all 💜💜💜