First Love

JM POV:

*Flashback* (Six years ago)

I was sitting in the school courtyard enjoying the slightly chilly breeze of the approaching autumn. The leaves were turning into the alluring hues of crimson, crunching under stranger's feet resonating of the vibrant melody to cheer up the dead trees. 

I always enjoyed winter, the chilly breeze, the cotton snow. 

For most of the people autumn is depressing, gloomy and dark where everything dies but not for me. If you could see it from my angle you will find re-birth, re-generation, a chance of a new start, a fresh beginning. You can find the colors in spring, you can smell the aroma of flowers, but you will never find the vibrancy and entrancing melody that resides in autumn. 

A sudden cold breeze made me slightly shiver as I was reconsidering my plans to stay outside a bit longer.

 I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't feel a presence beside me until I felt a soft and warm material engulfing me. I opened my eyes to see Hyungiee leaning over, wrapping his jacket around me to keep me warm. A small grin was plastered on my face as I lay my head in my brother's comforting lap.

 "You will catch a cold Jiminie", Hyung said softly combing my locks calming me in process. 

"I wasn't planning to stay for long, I just love the wind. It makes me feel free", I said looking into the soft deer eyes that never failed to make me feel safe and protected. 

"And why are you also here, won't you catch a cold too, you are not even wearing your jacket", I said in worry as I quickly sat up taking off the jacket off me and handing it back to him. 

"Let's go inside hyung, it's getting cold here", I pulled his hand gesturing him to stand up and he did after making me struggle for a while.

 "Stop teasing me you muscle man, and get up", I said glaring at him playfully. 

"Aish, I don't want to go in, she will find me and will start annoying me again", Jihan Hyung said looking quite irritated. 

"Who are you talking about Hyungie", I said furrowing my brows in confusion. 

"There is this girl who has this stupid crush on me and she won't leave me alone to breathe, can you imagine I practically have to hide in my own school from her", I giggled hearing his continues rambling.

 "Is she cute?" I said with a mischievous glint in my eyes. 

"Yes, she is, that I accept that she is the cutest girl I ever met", I heard him say with a soft smile. 

"Then what is the problem Hyung, why can't you give her a chance. Maybe it's not some stupid crush, maybe she loves you for real", I said trying to sound mature giving love advice to my brother. 

"What! no, you know I can't do that. There is already someone that I love, I can't replace him with some other person", Hyung said in a resilient tone.

 "B-but Hyung, it's been four years. What if he never comes, what if has forgotten you after all this time", I said in a sad tone.

 It's been four years that Jungkook has left for London, four years of no contact but never was there a single day when Hyung didn't miss him nor did I, not that I will ever admit. 

"Don't say that Jiminah, I trust him. He promised me, and he never breaks his promise", Jihan hyung said with glittery eyes while rubbing the white necklace hung across his neck.

 "But what if he doesn......." I couldn't finish my sentence as I was spun around making me let out a surprised yelp. 

"Stop saying this again and again. If I said he will come, he will come. Even if he did not, I will drag him back here with me, to the place where he actually belongs which is right beside me because I love him, you understand", Jihan said shouting at me who stood dumbfounded at my place.

 My eyes were wide with surprise and fear as I for the first time got to witness the fierce look in my brother's eyes. 

"How can he talk to me like that", I was standing there in shock as my vision began to blur. 

"Oh My God", Jihan Hyung's widened his eyes in the realization of his action. 

"I am sorry Jiminie, I didn't mean....", I didn't hear his complete sentence as I ran out of there with teary eyes and hurt expression. 

I couldn't believe he just got angry at me.

 I went back to the house before he could find me after the off-time since we lived close to the school, so it was convenient to walk back and forth easily.

 I threw my bag in the corner of the room as I hid my face in the covers crying my eyes out. It was not more than five minutes that the door of the room slowly opened, and I didn't need to look up to see who it was. I felt the bed dip beside me as a soft hand caressed my hair. 

"I am so sorry Jiminie for shouting at you earlier, can you forgive hyungiee", I heard him say in a worried tone, but I continued hiding my face in the covers as soft sobs occasionally left my mouth. 

"Please Jiminie, see I am even holding my ears", I heard him say in a silly tone that made me almost giggle, but I bit down the laugh.

 "Guess you aren't going to forgive me, should I go very, very far away then? where I won't hurt you. Would you forgive hyungiee then", Jihan said slowly getting off the bed making me frown in response.

 I quickly held his hand tightly as a sneaky smile escaped his lips.

 "So, did you forgive hyungie yet", he said with a mischievous smirk making me giggle. 

"No, but don't ever say that you are going to leave me. I will die without you", I said hitting his chest playfully as he wrapped me in his embrace.

 "I won't, and I am sorry again. I don't know what got over me, I guess I got a little emotional", he said sincerely making me hum in response. 

"I hope he comes back too, Hyung"....not for me but for you. I thought in my head as a sad smile made its way across my face.

 "I hope that at least you get to be with your first love hyung", I slowly mumbled as we both cuddled to sleep.

_______________________________________________________________________