Chapter 45

#GrievingSoulWP

Chapter 45
Husband

"We have a new neighbor?" Gio asked while we were eating dinner.

Gio was able to go home early in the evening to eat dinner with me and assured me that the problem in his company was already fixed. I told him that someone just moved in on the unit next to ours.

"Yes," I answered. "Sa tingin ko ay hindi nalalayo ang edad natin sa kanya. Naisip ko tuloy na baka puwede ko siyang maging kaibigan."

"Well, I have no problem with that as long as she's a good influence to you," he blatantly said and continued eating.  "And I would like to meet her first. I'll observe her for you."

My forehead creased because of his indirect judgemental statement. I crumpled a table napkin and threw it at him. He just chuckled and winked at me.

"Huwag ka ngang judgemental, Gio," sabi ko naman sa kanya. "She's a very nice woman. Just by looking at her, I know she's nice. At saka shy type kaya siya. Para kayang hindi siya marunong makihalubilo sa tao."

Gio shrugged his shoulders. "You'll never know."

Lumabi ako at saka humalukipkip habang patuloy siyang kumakain ng dinner. He's getting another scoop of rice. Nagtaas siya ng kilay dahil alam niyang nakatitig ako sa kanya. Bago pa siya makapag-angat ng tingin sa akin ay may naisip ako.

"You look like you have something to say..." he said.

I smiled widely and leaned on the table to move closer to him. Mas lalo lamang siyang nag-angat ng kilay sa akin habang nakangisi.

"Let's invite her for dinner tomorrow night!" I told him my idea.

Gio tightly pursed his lips like he was thinking hard about it. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ba ang arte-arte niya ngayon at napakahirap kumbinsihin. Wala namang mawawala kung i-iinvite namin sa dinner ang bagong kapitbahay. It's called hospitality. Plus, she's living alone. I know she would love it if we invite her for a dinner with us.

I just really want to find a friend other than him. Someone whom I can do girls talk with.

We're living a new life here in Manila, and I just want to make the most out of it. Lahat ng mga bagay na hindi ko nagawa sa Bela Isla ay gusto kong gawin ngayon dito.

"Gio, dinner lang naman. What's wrong with that?" I slightly whined. "You're the one who said that you would like to meet her first. This is an opportunity! You'll see if she's going to be a good friend or not. I'll trust your judgements."

Gio smiled and nodded. "If that's what you want," he said. "I don't want to hinder you from getting a friend."

Tumayo naman ako sa aking kinauupuan at umikot papunta sa kanyang tabi. Niyakap ko siya mula sa likod at saka hinalikan ang kanyang pisngi.

"You're really the best husband!" I complimented him, and that's a very true statement.

He is indeed, the best husband anyone could wish for.

"Kukuhanin ninyo na po si Hero?"

Nakasimangot ang aking pamangkin nang tumungo ako sa kanila upang iuwi na sa amin si Hero. She was hugging Hero so tight. Para bang ayaw na niya itong pakawalan. I could see that Hero also grew fond of her.

Arianne wanted to take care of Hero so bad when she met him. Just like Dhan, she doesn't want to let go of my Hero. Pinakiusapan naman ako ni Ate Ariana na sa kanila na muna si Hero at wala naman akong nagawa kundi ang pumayag sa gusto ng pamangkin.