Chapter 46

#GrievingSoulWP

Chapter 46
Curious

"You cooked so much food," pagpuna ni Gio sa aming hapag kainan habang inaabot niya sa akin ang Oreo cheesecake na aking pinabili sa Conti's.

I just smiled at him and moved to the kitchen counter. I took the cheesecake out from the box and placed it on the cake stand. Ini-slice ko na rin ito upang hindi na mahirapan sa pagkuha mamaya.

Nakakunot ang noo ni Gio habang inilalapag ko sa gitna ng dining table ang cake. Nag-angat ko ng tingin sa kanya at saka muling ngumiti ngunit hindi man lang niya ito sinuklian.

"I don't think we're gonna finish everything on the table," he said. "Two dishes are already enough, but five dishes? Sobra-sobra ito sa tatlong katao."

"Don't be too uptight, Gio." I rolled my eyes at him. "We can eat the leftovers tomorrow, or we can even pack foods for Jarene after the dinner that she can eat in her unit so that she wouldn't have to cook tomorrow."

He deeply sighed like he was already frustrated at me. "I'm not being uptight. I just really think that it's too much."

"Well, I just want to show my skill for my future best friend," I said and crossed my arms.

Gio halted whatever he was doing and stared at me like I did a mistake or something.

"Future best friend?" He sounded like I was saying the most absurd thing. "You don't even know her yet, but you're already declaring that she can take the best friend title from me?"

My jaw literally dropped because of his argument. Iyon lang ba ang kanyang kinaiinisan? Hindi ako makapaniwala!

"Gio, you're already my husband!" natatawa kong sabi sa kanya.

Nanatiling seryoso ang kanyang tingin sa akin at hindi man lang siya nangingiti. He was very serious about Jarene claiming his title as my best friend in the near future.

"Oh, come on, Gio! Nagseselos ka ba?" pabiro kong tanong upang gumaang man lang ang aming pakiramdam dahil masyado siyang seryoso.

"I am not jealous, Iarra, but you're clearly missing my point," he argued. "We spent time with each other since we were babies and declared our relationship as best friends after a long time. We were already in grade four when we realized that we are. And this girl that you've just met yesterday is already in line to be your best friend when you haven't spent time with her for an hour yet. I don't even think that you talking to her lasted for ten minutes or more so."

"Gio..." I exhaled a deep breath and looked at him.

Even when his body was mature enough, the look on his face was saying otherwise. Right now, I could see the young Gio in him because of his cute facial expression. Hindi ko magawang makipagtalo pa sa kanya dahil sa kanyang hitsura na nagpapalambot agad ng aking puso. How can he look so dangerous and adorable at the same time? I don't know. It's one of Emilgio Buenviaje's wonders and charms.

"Let's just stop talking about it..." he said and looked away from me. "I don't want to argue with you anymore. Why am I even a making a big deal out of this petty thing?"

Napangiti naman ako at saka umikot sa kabilang side ng hapag upang makalapit sa kanya. I immediately wrapped around my arms on his waist. Mas lalo kong naramdaman ang pagrelax ng kanyang katawan.

He held my hand and raised it to his lips in order to kiss the back of my palm. Nagtagal ang halik niya roon ng iilang segundo bago ibinaba sa kanyang tiyan kung saan naiwan ang aking isa pang kamay at parehas niya itong binalot ng hawak.