chapter 14

LUNAS POV

Right as I'm about to say something he cuts me off with a question, "Will you tell me what you did that made you go crazy?"

For a minute i just stand there not knowing what to do. I battle with myself, he seems like he really wants to know and actually cares, but I can't open myself up. I'm not worried about me anymore, I quit caring about myself years ago. No, I'm worried about anyone who might get close to me.

My 'family' would gladly do anything they can to make sure my life is misrable. The last time I got close to someone it was a girl named Dixie and they held a gun to her head and threatened to shoot her if she continued being my friend. They continued the threats until Dixie's  entire family moved.

I look him right in the eyes and say, "no". He just looks at me for a minute before a calculating look appears in his eyes, "why won't you tell me?", "because I don't want to". I immediately turn around and go towards my babies. Pulling off the tarp of my motorcycle and slowly walk around it, admiring the way the light reflects off the paint.

I run my hand along the body off the bike remembering the feeling of riding my baby in races and for fun.

Flashback

Carlos and me were having fun messing around in the garage, him chasing me around with a pink dress trying to make me put it on. "Come on Luna! You'll look so pretty! Please just once, I won't ask again!" "Eww no way! I hate pink and dresses! I will never wear that!" As I said that I ran around my Shelby gt500 that I named Eleanor.

Carlos was on one side of Eleanor while I was on the other. Pouting he says, "why can't you just wear the damn dress?! I'm trying to make you look pretty!" "Because I don't want to look pretty!" "Ugghh, you're so difficult!" Smiling I say, "I know. It's my specialty".

He gives up and walks away mumbling to himself as I laugh and walk over to my kawasaki ninja ZX 14r sports bike. I smile as I get on and start the bike. Driving out of the garage I drive around going faster than the speed limit because the speed limit is too slow. As I'm driving up ahead I see a ramp that curves and I smirk.

Speeding up I look at the speedometer and I see it's at 90 mph. I'm at the ramp now and as I follow the curve I lean so far that if I move my elbow just enough I could scrape the ground. Laughing to myself I lean back up when the curve ends. I look over and see little kids with there faces against the glass watching me with admiration and the teens and adults watching me with shock.

I wave at a van with around six kids in it, then speed up some. I pass the van and come up next to a mustang that has 4 teenage guys in it. Their windows are rolled down and the start cat calling me. I look back at the road and see a stop light coming up and it turned red so I slow to a stop.

The mustang pulls up next to me and they start cat calling again.

"Hey sexy, you wanna come with us? We can have some fun."

"Damn girl you got some sexy ass legs."

"Hey lil mamma you fine as fuck"