Chapter 21

Chapter 21

* * Zizi's POV * *

I woke up, Harry's arm was wrapped around me. I slowly pulled away, I didn't want to wake him up. I decided to check outside, everyone seemed to be sleeping still. It was chilly outside so I went back inside. I got my backpack and open up my snacks that Louis had packed for me. I ate my skittles, I was bored so I try aiming them in my mouth. I will giggle to myself every time I will end up hitting myself on the forehead. I kept playing until I felt someone staring at me. I turned around to see Harry grinning at me, his curls look wild.
"Hey" he said in his husky voice.
"Good morning sleeping beauty!" I giggled.
"I been staring at you" he chuckled. "You are good but not better than me."
"Oh yeah" I threw him a skittle. "Try it."
He threw the skittle up in the air as he opened his mouth. The skittle landed on his eye, I began to laugh.
"That was just a warm up" He threw the skittle again, this time it had landed right in his mouth.
"Yeah" I clapped.
"Thank you" he pretend to bow down.
For the rest of the skittles we did a contest, we kept throwing skittles inside of our mouths as fast as we could. He was eager to win that he will throw two at the same time. I grabbed a bunch and stuffed them inside my mouth. He saw me and chuckled, we both quickly stared at the skittle bag. He raised an eyebrow and I squinted my eyes at him. We continued looking at each other for a couple of seconds when we both threw ourselves toward the bag of skittles. We both wrestle like it was a matter of death or life situation. Harry had the bag of skittle on his hand, I climb on top of him. I tickled him that he let go off the bag, I quickly grabbed it. I was still on top of him, he try to reach it out of my hand but I held it up high. I kind of had him pinned down to the ground. I held it more high, I kept laughing. Out of nowhere he flipped us, I let out a small groan, I quickly stretched my arm, as I fought him to get off me. We both laughed at how this thing had ended. He reached for my hand that was holding the skittle bag so tight. He stroked my skin as I felt shivers run through me.
"Hey" we heard Zayn opening the tent. "Oh wow!! Didn't meant to interrupt." Harry quickly got off me, we both stared at Zayn.
"So Mr. Finn said to come outside for minute" Zayn said as he left.
Harry and I both smile at each other awkwardly, I decided to go outside. I saw Eleanor, Dani and Zayn standing with Mr. Finn, I slowly approached them.
"Goodmoring Zizi" Mr Finn drank his hot coffee.
"Goodmoring" I said.
"So who are we missing?" Mr. Finn asked.
"Harry" Eleanor said. Zayn saw me and winked at me, I gave him a cold stare.
"Here I am" Harry ran toward us.
"Oh okay" Mr. Finn sipped his coffee. "Okay we are competing with twelve schools today and ten different universities are going to be here. Including universities across the ocean."
"Seriously" I cheered.
I was actually happy living in here but I always dream of traveling around the world.
"Since you guys are all young scientist, you guys will make a good impression that maybe they will save you a spot in their universities when you graduate. So go out there and make them never forget your faces."
We went back to our tents to go get our things, we saw that other schools were already putting their equipment up. I guess they wanted this bad, I started setting up the table,while Zayn brought the beaker, test tube, flask and the watch glass. He carefully placed them under the table, I didn't really needed that equipment. All I needed was the baking sheet and the chemicals, I was going to make color fire rainbow. I saw Eleanor and Dani walking around, I told them to go spy on the rest of the schools. I wanted this to be perfect, when I saw couple it reminded me back of Liam's question. I still didn't know what I was going to say to him, I was confused and scared, and it bother me. I decided to concentrated on the equipment again when I saw Harry approaching me.
"Harry?" I asked. "Where's the potassium chloride, the alcohol, the boric acid or the sodium chloride?"
"Well.." He scratched the back of his head. "Well I kind of forgot them."
"Harry!!" I looked at him angrily. "That was the only thing I asked you to do and you didn't do it!!"
"I know I am sorry"
"Can you ever do something right?!!" Those words escaped my mouth, Harry now looked hurt. He started walking away.
"Where are you going?!" I screamed, he continued walking. "Fine, we don't need you!!"
When I turned around, I saw Zayn looking at me, he shook his head in disagreement. I did feel bad for screaming at him. He didn't deserve that.
"Zizi just breath" Zayn placed his hand on my shoulder.
"I know" I mumbled. "I just feel confused."
"It's okay Zizi" Zayn hugged me. "You got to go talk to him."
He was right I had to go apologize to Harry. I pulled away and started walking. I looked for Harry until I finally spotted him sitting on a trunk of a tree throwing rocks in the lake. I sighted as I walked toward and sat next to him.
"Harry?" I said in a soft voice.
"You know what Zizi" he stood up quickly. "You are right, I never do anything right. My mom died and my dad abandon me because he thought he couldn't take care of me since I was too much responsibility. Now I live with my aunt and her husband which I am sure he hates because he thinks I am always looking for trouble!"
"Harry, I am sorry" I said. "I know I should of not scream at you like that but it's just too much, I am scared."
"Scared at what?" He looked at me worried, he seemed to calm down.
"Liam wants go back with me, I am afraid that he might hurt me again." I felt like a weight has been lifted up my shoulder when I told him how I felt.
"Zizi, if you really love Liam give him another try. You know my mom always told me this, if you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be."
"That's a nice saying" I smiled.
"Yeah true words of wisdom" he chuckled. "Can I ask you two questions?"
"Yeah, sure" I look at him
"Why do you always push me away?" he asked seriously.
"Well to be honest, I have seen and met people like you. I once use to date a bad boy." he looked at me shocked. "Yeah you best believe it but it didn't work out. We will always end up hurting each other. But I think I was the one who will always get hurt the most. It took me a whole recovery and that's when I met Liam."
"Well you best believe that I am not like him." he smiled warmly.
"Yeah sure" I playfully slapped him on the arm. "What's the next question?"
"Why do you care about me?" He looked at me. "Yeah, you know how you always push me around like you always try to help me in Mr. Finn's class rather than letting me fail."
"Because I know you are smart, you just need someone to push you just a little. I believe in you" I looked at him. "Or maybe because you are part of our life now. I consider you as a friend even thought sometimes you are annoying."
"I am glad I met all of you guys" he grinned that his cute dimples were showing.
"Yeah I am glad you stuck around." I hugged him.