Chapter XI. Can't Turn Back Now

Told you chapter 11 was on the way :P

"Shit," Jake muttered as we came up behind an unusually still Hailie. I moved, and looked over her head.

Oh... fuck. Andy was... well, fucking the shit out of Juliet on his futon. The room was cleaned up, and they lamp, futon, covers and pillows were all done.

And apparently, Andy couldn't wait to break it in. I looked at hailie- she was...emotionless, it looked like. Her face was blank. Her eyes were open and focused, but hollow. Her body was absolutely still. 

I knew exactly what happened. She'd shut down. The pain was so great, it literally caused her to emotionally shut down- kind of like a computer. 

"You dirty fucking whore!" CC screeched at Andy, who had abruptly turned to us as we entered. Juliet sat up underneath him, her breasts shamelessly out in the open. She had a smug look on her squashy face. 

"You bastard!" Ashley lunged at him. Jake and CC held him back. I grabbed Hailie's arm gently, and she slowly turned to face me.

"Let's go watch some TV," I said gently. As my voice registered, as well as her surroundings, she snapped back into reality, and sagged against me. I supported her, and led her to the couch. She laid down, put her head on my pillow, and pulled my blanket up around her shoulders, and looked at the TV. I put on her favorite movie- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. A tiny smile played at her lips- and was better than any 'thank you' she could have uttered.

I lifted her head and sat down, making my lap her pillow's pillow. She snuggled closer, and we watched Hary Potter. I could hear the guys, Andy, and Juliet arguing, but I tuned it out. Hailie needed my undivided attention- and that's exactly what she would get.

"Jinxx- hey, man, it's 6:30. Time to get ready," Ashley notified me. I nodded. I carefully stood, and laid Hailie's head and pillow back down. I went to my bunk, and grabbed a black shirt, black ripped jeans and black converse. I changed, and got busy on my warpaint. 

Once I was done, I grabbed my bass, stroked Hailie's hair, and waited by the door. When almost everyone was ready, we stood around waiting for Ashley.

"Ashley, I am going to snap that flat iron in half if you don't hurry the hell up!" Jake muttered under his breath, knowing Ash would hear. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Ashley sighed as he joined us. We left, and waited backstage until it was time. We took the time we had, and made sure our instruments were tuned. Mine and Jake's guitars. Ashley's bass. CC kissed his drumsticks- the ones Hailie had gotten for him. Speaking of which, I was also wearing the top hat... just like I did for every show now. Andy was doing vocal warm ups. Bastard. He knew we were all pissed as hell at him. And we knew he hated it.

"...Black Veil Brides!" the announcer yelled. We filed on stage, and waved to our fans- our family, as we considered them. Our fans meant everything to us- without them, we were nothing.

We took our positions, and Andy took the mic.

"How are all you Dallas motherfuckers doing tonight?" he asked. The crowd screamed his name- just like I bet Juliet did earlier. 

"Look, before we start this show, I've got something to say," he said. What the hell was going on? This wasn't in the itinerary. "You guys remember Hailie Quillen, right?" The crowd cheered. "Well, I hate to admit this... but I cheated on her... with Juliet Simms, my ex." The crowd booed him, and I grinned. Serves the fucker right.

"I went behind Hailie's back... and the band's back... none of them knew, until they caught me. There is absolutely no excuse for what I did. But I've always loved Juliet- she's the one for me. Always has been. But I would like to apologize to you, my fans, for doing such a horrible thing, and letting you all down, and disappointing all of you. 

"I also want to publicly apologize to Hailie- even though she isn't here, I hope that one day, she'll see a video of this, and find it in her heart to forgive me- even though I know I don't deserve it. I betrayed her... I broke her heart. And I don't deserve any of you guys' forgiveness."

The crowd half cheered, half booed. The guys and I shared glances... that all said, 'maybe he does feel bad'.

"So would you guys like to get this show on the road?" The crowd cheered... somewhat half heartedly. They'd lost their faith in Andy... you could tell. 

We played the show, and opened with Resurrect the Sun. Then we played In The End, Lost It All, Carolyn, Shadows Die, I Am Bulletproof, Nobody's Hero, We Don't Belong, and New Year's Day.

"Goodnight, Dallas! I know you've lost your faith in me, and I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but don't ever lose faith in yourselves!" Andy departed. We got offstage, and Andy broke down.

"Andy?" Jake said, touching his shoulder. 

"I'm so sorry, guys...I let you all down, I let our fans down..." he cried.

"Yeah. You did. But you let Hailie down even more," Ashley stated bluntly. 

"I know... I feel terrible- I just... I didn't know you were going to be back so early... I thought I had time... God, I'm so fucked up..."

"Yeah you are," CC agreed shamelessly. "But... I think I speak for the rest of us when I say that what you just did onstage tonight, confessing and publicly apologizing... that was brave, and selfless."

"Really, CC?"

"Really," I answered. "It doesn't mean we aren't still pissed at you. But you're on the right track." CC was right- Andy obviously felt like total shit because of what happened. I helped him stand, and we went back to the bus. We got in, and I went straight to the bathroom, rinsing my face and taming my hair. Yeah... we were definitely still pissed at him. But it wasn't like we could shun him- we were a band, and if we shunned him, we would eventually crumble apart, and then we would all be letting our fans down. 

That would not happen. We had to talk to Andy. Do things with him. Even if we semi-hated him at this time. 

I went back to the living room, and sat down on the floor in front of Hailie's couch. 

Hailie was staring blankly at the TV- which was still playing Harry Potter. Her eyelids were getting heavy.

"Hey... do you want something to eat before you fall asleep?" I asked softly, stroking her hair out of her face. Her green eyes looked at me, and she shook her head. I nodded, and shuddered at the utter hopelessness and pain and hollowness in her eyes. I made sure my blanket was wrapped around her, keeping her warm, turned off all the lights except the TV, and went to sleep on the floor next to Hailie.

I really hoped we could get her back from this. 

GAHHH OK THIS CHAPTER IS AMAZING I WAS SO EXCITED SHIT SHIT SHIT OMG

so whatcha think?? :P