Chapter XIV. Time To Try Again

I ushered the guys into my room at around 5PM. We'd just returned form the show, and I wanted to tell them my plan.

"What is it, Andy?" Ashley crossed his arms irritably. I looked them all in the eyes... Jake... Ashley... CC... and Jinxx.

"I'm going to start from the top. I dumped Juliet. I realized how much of a bitch she really was, and I left her ass alone in the middle of a diner. She kept making mean comments about Hailie, and I'd had enough of it. I love Hailie- not in that way anymore, but I still love her. She is a part of me, just like she's a part of all of you guys. I just... I feel so terrible. Hailie's just such an amazing person, and I broke her, I ruined her, and I just... I feel like shit," I began to cry. Like, tears down my face, crying my eyes out like a little baby; overcome with regret, and guilt.. and self loathing.

What shocked me... was when Jinxx stepped forward, looked me in the eyes... and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him, and felt three other pairs wrap around us.

This was my family... my brothers.

"Anyway," I wiped my face as we pulled away, "I want to make it up to her... and I've got an idea."

"Well? What is it?" CC flapped his hands.

"I want to introduce her to her father," I breathed. Their eyes widened. 

"That would definitely work," Jake nodded, shocked.

"O...M...G!" CC grinned, nodding. 

"Good! So it's settled!" I clapped my hands together. "I'll try to figure something out, and I'll let you guys know," I said. We exited my room, and Jake and Jinxx remained in the kitchen. Jake was shuffling in the fridge, and Jinxx was heating up a mug of milk... making hot cocoa?

"Whatcha doin, Jinxx?" I asked. He looked up. 

"Oh, I'm making some hot chocolate. I got Hailie to drink some earlier while you were gone, and it's the only thing she'll ingest."

"Well... at least it's something," I half smiled. He shrugged.

"I guess," he murmured sadly.

"Hey- You're doing a great job, man. I think that in the end, you're going to be the one to pull her out of this," I rubbed his shoulder. He smiled and picked up the mug.

"I hope so," he replied, and went into the living area. I watched as he sat next to Hailie- who was actually sitting up, even if she was leaning on Jinxx. He handed her the mug, and she blew the steam away and sipped at it. I heard her sigh in content, and I retreated back to my room.

I had to call her Vampire father.

HAILIE'S POV

It was 6:30 PM, and I was on my -3rd? 4th?- mug of hot chocolate. Around ten or so, it had gotten pretty cold, so Jinxx made some hot chocolate for me. I hadn't wanted it... hadn't wanted anything to do wiht food or drink or anything of the sort. I'd grimaced at it- even though I'd loved chocolate.

Jinxx had then dipped his forefinger and middle finger together in the beverage, and plunged them into my mouth. When the taste hit my tongue, I'd gasped. I actually enjoyed it.

And... it was strange. Sucking on Jinxx's fingers and seeing his fangs elongate in pleasure had melted me a little... at least in my lower belly. I'd felt... tingly.

Ever since then, hot chocolate was the only thing I drank. Or ate. Currently, I was leaning on him. He'd just made me yet another mug, at my request.

Poor guy.

We were watching Bar Rescue on Spike TV. Some people really didn't know how to clean up a place.

"Damn! That's nayasty!" CC groaned as Jon Taffer poured a cup of whiskey- and fished out 3 cockroaches. I nodded, shuddering. I sipped my hot cocoa, and felt... a little refreshed. Jinxx had persuaded me to shower last night, and it actually felt good. 

I felt like I was slowly coming back, piece by piece... like the string holding my soul together was beginning to pull stronger, and bring it all back together from the brink of being lost.

And it was all because of Jinxx. He worked with me... never lost patience... never got frustrated. He was there for me 24/7, except when they had a show.

Ashley and CC helped, too. They made me laugh- Jake didn't know what to do to help, so he pretty much always stayed to the side. I could tel he was glad about my gradual progress, though.

Andy... he just stayed away, like he knew he would only make me worse. In that way, he was smart. 

"Can you believe what And y did today?" CC asked Ashley. Ashley glared at him, and subtly glanced at me. But the mention of his name didn't bring any pain... just curiosity. CC's voice held no disgust or negativity, just surprise.

"What did he do?" I asked. All heads turned towards me, and I realized that was the first time I'd really spoken in... a little over 50 hours.

Wow.

"Um... well, he ditched Juliet... because she was talking shit about you, and it pissed him off, so he left her," Ashley explained slowly, as if worried he might spook me back into my silence. I soaked it in. Andy left her... because she was talking shit about me? Seriously? 

"Really?" I asked. Jake nodded. "I... can't believe that." Surprisingly, it felt alright to get the words out... to talk.

"Yeah. We were surprised, too," Jinxx spoke up. I looked up at him, and he looked down at me... and we just sat like that...

"Ahem," CC coughed. We looked away, and refocused on the show.

"I'm fucking starving. Who wants food? I'm making a run to Mickey D's," Jake said. I grimaced. He took the guys' orders and went to take Andy's, who was holed up in his room, like always. Jake left, and Ashley and CC went to play cards at the table, and I remained leaning on Jinxxie. We sat in silence, just watching the show. 

I sighed, and started feeling tired. I nuzzled into Jinxx's chest, and he wrapped his arms around me. After a bit, he got up and laid me down on his pillow. I stretched my legs out, and burrowed into the black pillow. I smelled the food as Jake returned... I heard him go give Andy his, then come back out and distribute it to the others. The boys sat around the table and ate.

The food smelled so good... but the idea of food made me wrinkle my face. I fell asleep as the lights went out, the bus lurched forward...

and Jinxx laid on the floor next to me, and grasped my hand.

EEP OK HERS CHAPTER 14!! 

pic of hailie to the side. love you guys! enjoy! and leavvee feeddbbaackkk <3