Chapter XV. I Wash My Hands Of Yesterday

"GOOD MORNING, STARSHINE! THE EARTH SAYS HELLO!" CC shrieked as he ran throughout the bus. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. It was already 10AM... and the bus was still moving.

"Morning, CC," I mumbled as I clicked the TV remote to turn the volume up. "Oh, SpongeBob!" I giggled. Jinxx sat up form the floor and looked around groggily.

"Good morning," I smiled. He grinned, and stood up.

"Ugh, I gotta shower," he grimaced, and went to the bathroom. I relaxed on the couch, and watched as SpongeBob failed his driving test. 

"Man, it's too early," Ashley stumbled in. "I hate you all."

"Aw, is someone ti-wird?" CC taunted as Jake moved around the kitchen.

"Fuck you," Ash glared. CC sauntered up to him femininely.

"What time, pretty boy?" he asked in a falsetto voice, winking and stroking Ash's arm, purring. I watched in amusement.

"CC, go away."

"Watcha gonna do, big boy," CC twitched his hips jokingly. Ash finally gave in and laughed, punching CC in the arm.

"Food's done," Jake announced as he set a stack of pancakes on the table. I looked away as they ate. The bus stopped, and I wondered what else was on TV... I flipped through the channels aimlessly.

"Oh, hell yeah!" I left it on Deadliest Catch. I loved this show. 

"Hey, I like this show," Jinxx commented as he sat next to me after showering and eating. I nodded.

"Me, too. Hey, what time is your show today?" I asked.

"Let's see... we just parked in Philly... I believe it's at 2. Why?"

"Cause I wanna go," I answered, surprising everyone. I'd had a dream last night that made me realize how much I missed the shows and the music.

"Well... sure, ok. That's great!" Jinxx smiled. For once in a long time... I was excited for something.

"Ready?" Jinxx asked as I emerged from the bathroom slowly; I'd brushed my straight hair, put on eyeliner and mascara, and dressed in a black v-neck t-shirt, a pair of black half calf capris, and Converse. I'd also changed out my gauges- instead of the red plugs I'd had in, I put in simple pink rubber rings- the kind that you had to fold to put in, and once they were in they lined the edges of the hole, so that you could stick your finger through them. 

I joined Jinxx and nodded. He put his arm over my shoulders, and we left with the guys. I waited with them backstage, and when they were called, I headed sidestage and the others got in position- Jinxx stayed close to me, and winked, making me smile.

"Hey, motherfuckers of Phila-fucking-delphia!" Andy yelled. His voice sent slices of pain through my body, but I stayed strong. They started with Sweet Blasphemy, then Youth and Whiskey, I Am Bulletproof, Resurrect the Sun, Nobody's Hero, We Don't Belong, Coffin, Fallen Angels, Set The World On Fire, and Wretched and Divine. A crazy idea flashed through my head, and I stood.

"Can I see the mic?" I asked, not looking Andy in the face. He gave me the mic, surprised, and walked away. I faced the crowd, and they cheered loudly.

"Hey everyone! Remember me?" I smiled. They roared and cheered. "Well, I've been having a hard time these last few days or so, due to... things. But, I'd like to sing a song, if you all will let me?" The insane cheeres I got gave me a 'yes'. I turned to the guys. "Play Smoke and Mirrors," I murmured, and turned back at the fans. The guys hesitated, but began playing easily.