Chapter XXI. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us

"D-Danny... Wors-snop? What the hell? But... how-you... but... huh?" I stammered. Andy chuckled, and Jinxx squeezed my waist again. 

"Well, you see, when two people do the dirty, it occasionally results in an offspring," he explained in his English accent. I rolled my eyes. "Duh."

He laughed, and we all sat on a couch- Jinxx, me, Danny and Andy.

"Well, it was a long time ago... I met your mother in a club, and we hit it off so well. She was beautiful... sweet... funny. She really was... amazing. Anyway, we danced together, drank together. Laughed, talked. She made me feel so wonderful," he smiled, his eyes glazing over, reminiscing on the past. I listened intently. 

"We had returned to my apartment, and talked some more. And, well... talking led to other things, and- obviously- she had conceived."

"Wow..." I murmured. Danny nodded.

"Yeah. I loved her. We'd only spent that one night together, but... it just... I fell in love with her so quickly. I couldn't stop it. Truth is... I never even fell back out of love with her," he shook his head sadly. I gasped- Danny Worsnop was still in love with my mom? "If I wasn't on tour, I always kept an eye on her... and you. She'd already found somebody else... and it broke my heart, though I knew it wasn't the same with him. She didn't smile as wide. Her eyes didn't glitter like they did when she was with me. 

"When she used to take you to the park as a child, I would stay in the distance- and I would hear her whisper my name in longing. My heart broke everytime I saw her... because she wasn't mine," he finished sadly. I sighed, and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," I smiled at him. He looked at me, and grinned- then pulled me into a hug. 

"Oh, it's fine- especially now that I get to see you," he told me. I laughed.

"I'm gonna go get a drink. Want anything?" Jinxx asked.

"Dr. Pepper?" I grinned up at him. 

"You got it, babe," he kissed my head, and headed off into the crowd.

"He's a good guy," Danny said. I grinned.

"He really is- he helped me through a very tough time," I frowned, recalling my... depression

"He loves you a lot. You should see the tweets he posts about you- nobody can deny that he's head over heels for you," he chuckled. Jinxx... tweeted about me? Awwh... 

"Shut up, Danny," I heard Jinxx's embarrassed voice. I laughed at his bashfulness.

"Hi, Jinxxie-babe," a woman cooed. I furrowed my brows. 

"Who's that?" Danny whispered (I couldn't call him dad- it was too weird right now). We were unable to see through the crowd, and Jinxx- being at the counter of drinks- was prety much across the house, so all we had to go on were voices. I listened closely.

"Go away," Jinxx growled. I heard a feminine chuckle. 

"Oh, Jinxx! You're so funny- I miss you so much," the girl sighed.

"Do you know who that is?" Danny whispered confusedly. I narrowed my eyes.

"If it's who I think it is, there's about to be a huge scene," I growled, standing up. Danny and Andy follwed, cursing quietly.

I snuck up behind the red and black haired female, and leaned my hip against the counter, crossing my arms- she was oblivious to my presence, a mere foot behind her. 

"Sammi, you should leave before something happens," Jinxx smirked. "Or stay- I could care less," he shrugged. I smiled grimly as he looked me in the eyes. Sammi scooted closer to him.