ᴍᴇ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏʜ ʏᴇᴀʜ ᴍᴇ💙

ᴀᴜɢᴜsᴛ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏғᴏᴜʀᴛʜ
It's Junior year and I'm scared out of my mind. I'm Nova Smith and Living in Chicago is the worst and best thing ever personally. I grew up in the South side with my mom Monique and my baby sister Sa'Mya. My dad left my mom for his side chick aka my mom's best friend but after the long years of abuse so she ended up leaving and taking us with her. We moved to the North side with all the big fancy houses with the bougie white neighbors. We moved far away from the South because of the violence and the drama. My dad still lives out there with his "wife" but stays in and out of jail and always trying to get back with my mom but she always ignores his calls. Once we moved to the North Side my mom wanted me to go to a preppy white school but I wanted to end my last year at Ravenel High since that's where all my friends are and the majority of the people I grew up with. We've been voted one the most violent schools in the country just because of the most recent gang violence and issues that are going on.

"Nova!!" yelled my mom while she was on the phone with my grandma.

"I'm coming Momma!" I throw on my clothes that i have laid out for school. I grab my phone,charger and my backpack.

I go downstairs to see my momma try to grab Sa'Mya before she breaks the vase on the table. I pick her up and grab her clothes. In my head I'm thinking "God please don't make this day terrible I really wanna enjoy it". I take a couple of selfies before I get in the car .

"Momma come on!" I scream from out the car .

"I know this damn girl ain't rushing me, Nova shut yo ass up!"

I sit back and put in my headphones in and zone out till I feel my mom tap me
"Listen here, after your altercation with Rika last year I don't want you dealing with her again this year.. you've grown and have way more going on than what she doing out here in these street Nova"
Ever since middle school me and this girl Rika been beefing all because of everybody liking me more than her mainly because the fact that she acts so fake and does the most unforgettable things and it ain't right at all..
"Okay momma I promise" I said

"One more thing stay focused on your school and studies.. don't let none of this ghetto ass chern knock you off your studies baby..you got a lot going for yourself Nova"

"I know Momma can I go?"

"Yeah go ahead I love you Nova Star"

" I love you too"

I kissed her on the cheek and got out the car.

Just from that talk I really didn't wanna go into Ravenel but it helped me refocus back on everything that's important and that's getting out of this school as quick as possible