ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜɴᴇʀᴀʟ ❤️

I wake up the next morning to nobody in bed with me.. I notice my purple dress for Teshia funeral on my closet door.. I've been trying to dodge the funeral since I first saw the light in her eyes disappear..
"Nova? Baby you gotta get up the funeral starts in a hour come on I got the kids dress and Vonte here.. Jeremiah left to get Nasir some milk so I suggest you get up now before a rumble starts up when your baby daddy gets up now get your ass up girl" my mom said after she slammed my door.. I roll over and look at me and Teshia 5th grade dance picture on my night stand I almost started crying till I heard my door open and someone slip under my covers and Vonte pops his head under me and I smile..
"Why aren't you dressed yet? You okay" Vonte said I'm guessing my mom sent him upstairs to tell me to get up and I finally did.. my breath was terrible which was why I didn't t say shit to him because I threw up last night after what happened with my dad.. I go in the bathroom and close the door while getting undressed I cut the shower on and wait till it gets extremely hot I need it for today.. I'm seeing people I haven't really seen in a while.. just because of the baby, Teshia, Layla everything that's been going down I needed a break from legit everything.. I get out the shower and grab my towel and peek out the door just to make sure Vonte went back downstairs and nobody was in my room.. I get dressed and slide on some heels and make sure my braids look okay.. I did my hair a while back and haven't really shown them off.. I grab Nasir's things and go downstairs where it looks like everybody was waiting on me Vonte, the kids and Jeremiah holding Nasir burping him and everybody staring at me..
"Was y'all waiting on me?" I said they nodded and rolled their eyes and went out to me and mom's car. My mom took Cam and Bri while Vonte drove in front of us so he can be a police escort for us and me Jeremiah and Nasir in my car.
"You think you gonna be okay with everything going on? You haven't really been tex-" Before Vonte could finish talking to me Jeremiah came up to me and asked where his phone was.
"It's in my purse" he looked at Vonte and got in the car
"I'll talk to you at the funeral you sitting with us?" I asked him he looked at my car
" I don't think that's a good idea.." I understood why he would feel that.. Jeremiah makes him feel awkward when he gets around him and I don't like either so me and him most definitely gonna talk when I get in this car..
"I'll see you there" I told him I gave him a hug and got in the car..
"So you got something you wanna tell me Jeremiah?" I ask him before pulling over he ignores me and looks at his phone I'm leaning over to see his messages and he turns his phone to where I couldn't see..
"Wow okay then.. is Nasir buckled in?" I said he nods
"You would've known if you wasn't busy being a flirt.." he said laughing I ignore his immature ass and start driving once my mom and Vonte pull off.. 30 minutes after driving for what felt like forever we arrive at Emmanuel AME. It's one of the two church's in Chicago just because of the fact they vandalized the rest of the church's down in the south side . Before I pull into a parking spot I see Justice For Teshia signs, shirts with her face on them all the pictures me and her mom sent in and then I see my two friends I have left and Teshia's cousins and family crying, tears and sadness everything hitting me and I can't handle it. I park the car and Jeremiah gets out and grabs Nasir.. he goes into the church.. I immediately put my head on the wheel and start crying.. I miss this girl so fucking much.. this girl was my ride or die man... we knew what we wanted in life and no other expectation for it and now I'm here with a baby, and confused on my feelings for two men in my life.. and she usual is here to help me and I'm by myself.. I hear my passenger door open and it's Vonte.
"Vonte you gotta get out.. I really don't have time for Jerem-" he hugged me before I could finish
"He sent me in here.. he wanted to make sure you were okay.. he didn't know if you were mad at him and if you didn't wanna talk or anything.." he says and gives me a hug. I feel all the makeup on my face rub on his suit it's black so it won't show but I feel terrible I can't go in there.. I can't see her like that again it ain't right... it's too much..
"I can't go in there" I told him
"We going in together and you gonna say your speech and you gonna say your last goodbye to Teshia she deserves that.." he told me and got out the car.. I wasn't expecting that tough love shit but it kinda worked I got out the car and walked into the church I hear music playing and everybody wearing purple.. Teshia's favorite color.. I see Mr.Joseph from the Baskin Robins we always use to go to after school in the 7th grade, Teshia's "dad" his wife and 3 kids crying I don't even know why because they never was around then a whole bunch of people I don't know and I KNOW Teshia didn't know them.. I see Jeremiah holding Nasir, my mom, Sa'Mya, Bri and Rico.. which was a surprise. Rico got up and hugged me..
"I'm sorry man I shouldn't have done you like that yesterday.. we gonna get him back for what he did to Teshia.." my eyes open and he lets me go and winks at me
"Nova baby it's time for your speech" I hear from behind me.. it's Teshia's momma.. I walk to the front and I was trying to avoid her open casket.. I walked to her casket and tears start falling.. I notice her long braids and her lashes.. her beautiful skin.. I touch her but she's cold.. I wanna give her blanket so she can be warm but I know she'll be safe.. I walk up to the podium and get my paper out my pocket..
"Hi everyone.. I'm Nova Smith.. I was.. I mean I am Teshia's best friend and today.." I look at the paper and slide it back in my pocket..
"Lateshia Leilani Harmony Johnson was one of the most important people in my life.. we did everything together down to us singing old school songs in my room till 3 in the morning or till Momma was tired of us singing" everybody started laughing
"I probably wouldn't be the person I would be today if it wasn't for her.. she was my day one.. there was never not one thing Teshia didn't know.." then the church doors bust open and it's the police..
"Nova Smith you are under arrest for attempted murder" everybody looks at me and I get down off the podium
"Y'all not taking my baby no y'all not" my mom yelled and ran up to me..
"Momma it's dad..I shot him" she looked at me
"I'm gonna be your lawyer don't say anything don't even move I'll be there soon" she tells me they put me in handcuffs and walked me outside the church.. I never meant for this to happen and that bitch ass nigga is gonna pay.. on everything I love ..