ʙɪɢ ᴛʜᴜɢɢᴀ .‼️🅱️

"You have the right to remain silent anything you say or do can and will be used against you" the detective says while tighting my cuffs and walking towards the front of the church. When they open the front doors, reporters everywhere.. I don't know why because this is just another killing in the south side.
"Ma'am did you know the deceased?"
"Ma'am what happened"
"Is her death your fault?"
All of this reporters are just trying to get the story when they know no words. They rush me into the car and speed downtown to the police station. They stick me in a investigation room and start asking me dumb ass questions..
"Nova what happened with you and your father last night" I didn't say anything just because my momma told me not to talk.. I don't trust these cops.. they the same ones who came to my house before asking me about Teshia.
"Tom get out I'll talk to her myself" Detective Rivers said, Tom Larson the officer who was screaming at me the entire time, looked at me up and down and walked out the room.
"Tell me what happen Nova" she said sliding me a cup of water.. I've seen tv shows and they give you water and they use your dna I'm good.. I shake my head and she sits next to me..
"I know about you.. your daddy used to beat on you didn't he?" I look away.. this bitch don't know me.. at all..
"Congrats on your son.. Nasir right?" I look up at her
"Don't you ever in your damn life bring my son's name up I don't fw with cops.. bring my lawyer please and thank you" I sit back and I hear a door close and look up and she gone.. the door opens again and it's my momma..
"Mommy please get me outta here" Detective Rivers came in as well..
"Let her go, you have no probable cause, no gun and a witness who is a drunk.. she is a straight A student who has a newborn son who needs her care.. do you have anything?" My mom white voice popped out and that's how I knew she was serious about her shit. Detective Rivers didn't have anything to say but whispered to Officer Larson and he unhooked my handcuffs.. all the nervousness I had in my system went away, my mom grabbed my hand and walked us out the door. We came outside and walked to our car. Nasir was in the backseat I immediately went to the backseat and took him out the car seat.
"Oh baby mommy promise not to do anything stupid like that again I promise oh I love you so much" I say to him with tears rolling down my face. I realized we haven't moved yet and my mom has her head down on the wheel..
"Momma.. what's wrong?"
"Baby I swear I didn't want any of this for you nothing like this Lord I failed you I failed you Nova.. " she says and she starts crying. I put Nasir back in his car seat and crawl to the front of the car and hug her
"Momma you've done way more than you think.. this is just the beginning to a better reality.. everything and I mean everything is gonna be okay" I tell her while she wipes her tears.. she finally stopped crying and she starts driving back to the house. We finally get back there and my mom put her jacket over me and I cover Nasir's car seat because reporters automatically think I had something to do with Teshia's death. I feel terrible I never wanted to get arrested at Teshia's funeral out of all places. I just wanna get in the house and talk to everybody and tell them what happened. My mom rushed us into the house, all I hear is "Nova! Nova! Did you kill your father? Did you kill your best friend? Are you the reason she's dead". I take the jacket off and I see everybody... Vonte,Jeremiah,My sister, Rico.. they staring at the tv watching the news and look at me. Jeremiah ran up to me and hugged me..
"Hey hey you okay? You good?" I just missed his presence.. and everything.. then I saw Vonte and I instantly felt better.. When I finally sit down and everybody asking me questions I space out and lock eyes on Vonte..we staring at each other but I don't know if it's still the hormones or what..
"Nova? Girl you hear me talking to you" I cut back into reality when my mom said that.
"What happened Nova?" Rico asked
"When I realized it was Dad's fault I went to his house and held a gun at him he kept testing me he kept testing me!" I yelled
" I shot him and if anything I should've killed him for everything he done to me and you Momma!" I ran upstairs and start throwing shit and screaming while Vonte ran in the room and tried calming me...
"Nov Nov calm down look at me look at me" he starts humming our song Sure Thing By Miguel and I calm down and he sits with me on the bed.. and holds me really close and doesn't let go.. I fall asleep and once I woke up, it was dark and Jeremiah was in bed with me and Vonte wasn't. I turn around and he staring at me.
"Jeremiah? You okay" I asked.. he touched my face and I could tell.. something was up..
"I know you don't love me anymore..it's okay though.. you deserve to be happy Nova.. Imma leave out the house and stay with Rico.. I hurt you bad.. I came in the room earlier and Vonte was holding you.. I could tell he loved you and you still love him.. I'm not gonna hold you back.." he said while touching my face.. I know this is killing him because of our history.. and I'll always love Jeremiah.. that will never change but I don't love him the same way I used to..
"But I need a favor first" he said
"Wassup?" I said
"Lay with me one more time.. rub my head till I fall asleep like we used to.." he says.. I nodded he snuggled in between my legs and fell asleep while I rubbed his head.. I kissed his head and stared out my window..