​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇼​​🇴​​🇷​​🇩​ ​🇴​​🇫​ ​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇦​​🇱​​🇵​​🇭​​🇦​

I am the Fallen Queen, ruler of England in my second reign. As the carriage rattles on its journey back to Whitehall Palace, Henry Tudor, the King of England, sits beside me, hoping for my forgiveness. But forgiveness is not something I can readily offer. Despite my numerous pleas for clemency, he has not spared me, nor has he made Jane Seymour his queen, a decision that surely must have stoked her ire and her family's fury. The completion of the reformation without my guidance is inconceivable; without me, Henry would be little more than a puppet of the Pope, manipulated by the likes of his friend, Charles Brandon.

The deaths of my brother and friend, casualties of the King's jealousy and Cromwell's deceit, weigh heavily on my conscience. Justice will come in due time, when God sees fit. The King's chauvinistic behavior disgusts me, and the English Court's lukewarm reception does nothing to assuage my discomfort. Nevertheless, I must mend fences with Mary Tudor and seek the return of my daughter, Elizabeth, to me.

As the carriage lurches forward, I am overwhelmed by nausea, a physical manifestation of my unease. Henry's decaying leg emits a foul odor, a reminder of his mortality and my precarious position. Yet, the people's adulation as we pass through the streets gives me hope that I am still valued in the eyes of the kingdom.

Upon our arrival, I am hailed as the Queen returned, but I know I am not his queen, merely the Marquess of Pembroke. Henry, with honeyed words and grand promises, seeks to ensnare me once more in his bed, hoping for a son to secure his legacy. But his cold demeanor betrays his true intentions, reminding me of my place and his expectations.

As he issues his final warning, I am left to ponder my future in this court of treachery and deceit.

    •۞•