​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇧​​🇴​​🇴​​🇰​ ​🇴​​🇫​ ​🇱​​🇪​​🇬​​🇦​​🇨​​🇮​​🇪​​🇸​

My heart races as I prepare to face the King of England and his infamous consort, Anne Boleyn, lurking in the shadows

My heart races as I prepare to face the King of England and his infamous consort, Anne Boleyn, lurking in the shadows. I wish to shield myself from their presence, feeling a surge of repulsion at the sight of Anne in her ostentatious French attire.

Maintaining a steely silence at first, I cautiously gauge the atmosphere, mentally preparing myself to navigate this delicate encounter. With a small response to the King's greeting, I signal for everyone else to vacate the chamber, leaving me alone with my father, King Henry.

As the room empties, leaving only the two of us, I feel the weight of the moment pressing down upon me. Though I long to unburden my soul to my father, I know now is not the time for such revelations. Instead, I compose myself, determined to present the image of an obedient daughter.

My father's gaze is intense as he studies me, and I find myself struggling to maintain my composure under his scrutiny. With hands trembling slightly, I manage to clasp them together, silently praying that he will see the purity and sincerity in my demeanor.

"It is good to see you, Mary. You look splendid," the King's compliment momentarily softens my resolve, though I remain guarded in my response, determined not to appear overly eager to please him.

As the silence stretches on, my father gestures for me to approach, his eyes betraying a mixture of pride and apprehension. With cautious steps, I move closer, acutely aware of the weight of his expectations resting upon my shoulders.

Seated before him, I listen as he lays out his plans for my future, the prospect of marriage to the Dauphin of France looming before me. Though I mask my feelings behind a facade of gratitude, inwardly I wrestle with conflicting emotions, uncertain of the path laid out before me.

Dismissed from his presence, I bow respectfully to the King, concealing the turmoil raging within me beneath a facade of outward composure. Hastening from the chamber, I am met by my maid's curious gaze, but I offer no explanation, determined to keep my father's intentions a secret until he chooses to reveal them himself.

 Hastening from the chamber, I am met by my maid's curious gaze, but I offer no explanation, determined to keep my father's intentions a secret until he chooses to reveal them himself