​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇹​​🇴​​🇲​​🇪​​🇸​ ​🇴​​🇫​ ​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇵​​🇦​​🇹​​🇷​​🇮​​🇦​​🇷​​🇨​​🇭​

Within the walls of the palace, lies a tangled web of uncertainty and fear. The King remains in a deep slumber, his condition a source of anxiety for the Court, the council, and the people of England alike. Despite the assurances of the physicians, doubts linger like shadows in the hearts of those who wait and watch.

As whispers of succession dance through the air, the Council has bestowed upon me the weighty title of King of England—a mantle that sits uneasily upon my shoulders. Charles Brandon's vigilant gaze follows my every move, a constant reminder of the precariousness of my position.

Yet, amidst the turmoil, we find solace in the daily masses and fervent prayers for the King's recovery. It is a delicate balance, for to entertain thoughts of the king's demise is to court damnation. We must cling to hope, to the belief that the King possesses the will to live and rule once more.

But even as we pray for his recovery, I cannot shake the feeling that treachery lurks in the shadows, waiting to strike. Anne Boleyn, the King's mistress, whispers her own prayers for his demise, her ambitions fueled by the prospect of her daughter, Elizabeth, ascending to the throne.

Elizabeth, though a child, is a pawn in the game of politics, her innocence masking the hidden agendas of those who seek to manipulate her for their own gain. And Mary Tudor, with her staunch Catholicism and defiance of the Court's Protestant practices, stands as a testament to the strength of her mother's spirit.

My father's pity and love for Mary have kept her close, but I cannot help but wonder if his compassion will prove to be his downfall. In a world where loyalty is fleeting and alliances shift like sand, only time will tell whose hand will ultimately shape the fate of England.

 In a world where loyalty is fleeting and alliances shift like sand, only time will tell whose hand will ultimately shape the fate of England

Summoned by my half-brother, the Duke, I find myself torn by conflicting emotions. Henry Fitzroy, the bastard son of the king, has grown into a man, commanding his own private chambers with an air of authority that belies his illegitimate birth. His request for a private audience leaves me wary, uncertain of his intentions.

My resentment towards his mother, Elizabeth Blount, simmers beneath the surface, a reminder of the falsity of her friendship with my own mother, Catherine of Aragon. How could she feign loyalty while betraying the queen's trust, hearing her confessions, and witnessing her silent suffering?

But I refuse to renounce my Spanish heritage, for I am the daughter of Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabella of Castile—a lineage steeped in greatness and strength. Like my mother before me, I am determined to withstand any attempt to undermine my faith or my resolve.

Before meeting with the Duke, I seek solace in the Chapel Royal, confessing my sins and seeking forgiveness for the envy that gnaws at my soul. I long for my father's blessing, but I know that his favor comes at a price—one that I am unwilling to pay by compromising my beliefs or betraying my conscience.

I am a woman of God, bound by the dictates of my faith and guided by the divine will. Though my enemies may plot against me, I trust in God's justice to deliver vengeance upon them. For in the end, it is not the darkness that will prevail, but the light of righteousness and truth.

As I round the corner, the chapel comes into view, filled to the brim with a throng of people adorned in opulent attire

As I round the corner, the chapel comes into view, filled to the brim with a throng of people adorned in opulent attire. Whispers ripple through the crowd, all eyes fixed on Henry Fitzroy, the chosen heir to the throne of England. A wave of nausea washes over me at the thought of meeting him, knowing that he seeks to usurp my birthright and that of my half-sister, Elizabeth.

Amongst the sea of unfamiliar faces, I spot a few familiar ones—individuals who are already plotting their ascent to power, laying the groundwork for their own ambitions. It sickens me to see them scheming even as the king lies unattended, his fate uncertain.

Mary Howard, with her swollen stomach and proud demeanor, steps forward, a declaration of her intent to become Queen of England. But I see through her façade, knowing that she lacks the grace and strength of Catherine of Aragon. She is merely a vessel for breeding, her lady-in-waiting trailing behind with a look of disdain that cuts to the core.

As she embraces me with a smirk, I cannot help but feel the weight of her success—the fine silver, the splendid garments, the swelling belly—all symbols of her ascent to power, a position secured through the careful machinations of her family and the influence of Anne Boleyn, the witch whose shadow looms large over us all.

Mary Howard greets Mary Tudor with an embrace, a gesture of warmth and friendship extended to her new sister. Yet, Mary Tudor's response is subdued, her lack of reciprocity hinting at the walls that have been erected around her.

As they walk together, I loop my arm through Mary Howard's, leaving her in the care of my husband, Henry Fitzroy, the heir apparent to the English throne. I cannot help but notice Mary Tudor's appearance—her fashionably kept attire belies the fragility that lurks beneath the surface. She appears sickly, her thin frame hinting at a hunger for sympathy, a hunger that I suspect she will exploit to her advantage in the days to come.

But I am resolved in my determination to shape the future to my liking. I will not allow Mary Tudor to ascend to the throne, for I carry within me the promise of a son who will one day inherit the crown. Anne Boleyn's hold over my husband will be broken, and a new era will dawn—one where the power of the court is stripped away, and the Empire of Fitzroy rises to prominence.

As we approach Henry Fitzroy, I call out to him, drawing his attention to Mary Tudor at my side. Mary curtseys gracefully, her demeanor poised yet wary. Henry, in turn, bows respectfully, acknowledging her as his sister and future queen. I step back, curious to see how their interaction will unfold.

"Hello, Mary," Henry greets her, his voice warm yet tinged with uncertainty. And as they stand face to face, I cannot help but wonder what the future holds for these two siblings bound by blood and duty.