​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇧​​🇴​​🇴​​🇰​ ​🇴​​🇫​ ​🇭​​🇴​​🇵​​🇪​

Weeks have passed, and it is now November of 1536, nearing the end of the term. A sense of unease churns within me, manifesting as nausea that refuses to abate. My last encounter with the King occurred weeks ago, and since then, I have felt no desire to lie with him. The prospect of breeding feels burdensome, and I cannot bring myself to engage in such intimacy without assurance.

Sipping from my teacup in an attempt to calm my roiling stomach, I am acutely aware of the life growing within me. The realization fills me with a desperate urge to flee from court, to protect the precious child I have conceived through arduous effort. This child, a son, will be loved, and the King shall pay for his betrayal and treachery.

The King, a heretic in my eyes, would gladly sacrifice me to his ambitions, caring not for the life burgeoning within me. I shudder to contemplate what might have befallen me had I not survived. Jane Seymour, his favored consort, would have assumed my place, bearing the son he so fervently desired. Yet, fate has placed me once more in the shoes of a queen, and the King and I are to remarry.

All the trials and tribulations have led to this juncture, and now, a decision must be made. I harbor no forgiveness for my father, Thomas Boleyn, whose ambitions have wrought only pain and tragedy upon our family. My brother, my confidant, is no longer with me, and his absence weighs heavily upon my heart.

As I reflect on what might have been, I cannot help but wish for a different outcome. If God had seen fit to take the King instead, I would be a widow, my daughter a queen, and my brother a lord protector. Together, we would have been formidable, unstoppable.

Yet, despite the challenges, I have made alliances and preparations for the future. Richmond, my cousin, stands by me, and soon, he too shall have a son of his own. The arrival of my mother interrupts my musings, bearing news from the King.

The letter in her hand, penned by Henry himself, portends inquiries about my condition and the necessity of producing an heir. The Countess, ever pragmatic, admonishes me not to trifle with the King's desires, reminding me of the precariousness of our position.

With a steely resolve, I confirm that I am indeed with child, a son, much to my mother's delight. The news fills me with a cautious optimism, knowing that the King will be pleased. God's mercy, it seems, knows no bounds.

 God's mercy, it seems, knows no bounds

  There is hope for England still.