​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇹​​🇴​​🇲​​🇪​ ​🇴​​🇫​ ​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇦​​🇷​​🇨​​🇭​​🇦​​🇳​​🇬​​🇪​​🇱​

The presence of the king looms large in court today, his countenance betraying no signs of distress despite the absence of Anne Boleyn, who now languishes in confinement as the realm anxiously awaits the arrival of her successor. England finds itself ensnared in a web of uncertainty and turmoil, with Cromwell's demise serving as a grim reminder of the tenuous nature of power and influence.

As I navigate the treacherous waters of court life, I am acutely aware of the whispers and sidelong glances that follow in my wake. Born of the esteemed lineage of Queen Catherine of Aragon, I bear the weight of my royal heritage like a heavy mantle, the title of "bastard" a constant reminder of my contentious position within the king's court.

Despite my father's attempts to bestow upon me the title of "Lady Mary," I cannot help but long for the recognition and legitimacy afforded to my sister Elizabeth. Her tender age belies the adoration she commands from all quarters, leaving me feeling like a mere shadow in comparison.

My father's gaze pierces through the crowd, beckoning me forward with an imperious gesture. With trepidation coursing through my veins, I approach the throne, my every movement calculated and measured. Though I offer the requisite courtesies, my heart bristles at the title bestowed upon me, a cruel reminder of my diminished status within the royal hierarchy.

As the king broaches the subject of marriage, my world threatens to unravel before my eyes. The prospect of union with the Duke of Norfolk's son fills me with a sense of foreboding, a bitter pill forced upon me by the capricious whims of my father. Though I dare not voice my dissent, my heart rebels against the prospect of such a union, yearning instead for the solace of a life devoted to God.

The Duke's assurances offer little comfort, his hollow promises serving only to exacerbate my sense of unease. With each passing moment, I feel myself drawn deeper into the machinations of court intrigue, a pawn in a game played by those with power and influence.

As I retreat from the throne room, the weight of my impending fate bears down upon me like a suffocating blanket. Though I may outwardly acquiesce to the king's decree, inwardly I vow to defy the shackles of convention and forge my own path, come what may.

 Though I may outwardly acquiesce to the king's decree, inwardly I vow to defy the shackles of convention and forge my own path, come what may

The Court pulsates with music and revelry, a cacophony of dancing and laughter echoing through the hallowed halls. Yet, beneath the veneer of merriment lies a web of deceit and betrayal, where husbands stray in search of fleeting pleasures and mistresses lurk in the shadows.

Retreating from the debauchery of the Great Hall, I seek solace in the sanctuary of my chambers, where the weight of the king's decree bears down upon me like a suffocating burden. With tears streaming down my cheeks, I cannot contain the tumult of emotions that threatens to consume me.

The king's proclamation hangs heavy in the air, casting a pall of dread over my heart. To be wedded against my will, to bear the burden of a union with Henry Howard, is a fate I cannot bear to contemplate. The thought of surrendering myself to a man I neither love nor desire fills me with an overwhelming sense of despair.

In the depths of my anguish, I long for the comforting embrace of my mother, whose wisdom and strength sustained me in times of adversity. Oh, how I wish she were here to challenge the king's decree, to shield me from the clutches of House Boleyn and their insidious designs.

But alas, she has departed this world, leaving me to navigate the treacherous waters of courtly intrigue alone. Trapped in a gilded cage of duty and obligation, I can only pray for divine intervention to deliver me from this cruel fate.