​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇹​​🇪​​🇸​​🇹​​🇦​​🇲​​🇪​​🇳​​🇹​ ​🇴​​🇫​ ​🇭​​🇪​​🇦​​🇷​​🇹​​🇸​

Promises, like fragile embers, can easily fade or endure

Promises, like fragile embers, can easily fade or endure. Carrying the king's child demands caution and resilience. I trust in God's guidance to shield me from the storms ahead, sparing me from the depths of despair. The king, burdened by grief over Henry Fitzroy's funeral, retreats into solitude, shunning courtly company and friendship. Court whispers swirl, yet my pregnancy remains a guarded secret, kept hidden for the safety of the unborn child. Dr. Mason's revelation of a son brings a glimmer of hope, albeit tinged with uncertainty.

As the year transitions to 1537, I remain cloistered in my chambers, embracing my confinement with gratitude and faith. When my son is born, he will be hailed as the new Prince of Wales, a symbol of renewal amidst the court's mourning. The festive air of Christmas-tide permeates the Great Hall, yet an undercurrent of sorrow lingers. Amidst the revelry, I observe the courtiers' elegant dance, their movements synchronized in a graceful ballet.

Though the loss of Mark Smeaton weighs heavily on my heart, I find solace in prayer for his peace. As noble families converge at Whitehall seeking favor, I steadfastly guard the king's seclusion, determined to shield him from undue influence.

As the dawn of 1537 approaches, I reflect on the trials endured and the reconciliation sought with family. Mary Boleyn's return to court heralds a chance for reconciliation, while my father's impending arrival promises to stir the halls of Whitehall. In this tumultuous time, I cling to the hope of unity and protection for my unborn child, steadfast in my resolve to safeguard his future.