20 - Betrayal

"Hello... Andrew, it's me. I'm behind the theater building can you come here, it's urgent."

"Are you okay? You sound a little scared. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

"Then, why are you whispering?"

"I don't want them to hear me."

"What? Who's them?"

"When I was coming back from school I saw Kristen going somewhere and she was constantly turning around to see if she was being followed. It looked like she was going somewhere important and so I decided to follow her."

"You did what? Okay, we'll have to discuss your disobedient behavior later, for now just wait for me there and don't do anything by yourself, got it? And don't think just because I'm not yelling right now I let you off the hook."

"Oh, c'mon! What else was I supposed to do? I don't regret following her because now we actually have a lead. She's meeting up with that mysterious lady I saw in my house earlier with her. How long will it take for you to come here? I don't think they're planning on staying much longer so hurry up."

"I'm already in my car. Just be careful, okay? And don't do anything stupid. Stay there and do nothing."

"I'll be fine, don't worry about that. Just get in here fast. I'm hanging up now..."

I quickly hung up and put my phone in my pocket. Only this time I was careful enough to put it on a silent mode, since when I was in a similar situation not too long ago my phone rang and it ruined everything. Who could blame me for being this careful?

Afterwards I diverted my attention towards Kristen and her strange friend. They stood in a dark corner so it wasn't very clear for me to see what they were doing but I could tell that they were up to no good.

Kristen rose her hand and gave the mysterious lady a flash drive. Then she reached down to her purse and took an envelope out of it.

"Are you certain that those are the only copies you have left?" Mysterious lady spoke up once she grabbed all the evidence away from Kristen.

"Of course." Kristen answered but then she recalled something. "I also have a few copies of the photos in my computer, just in case."

"What? Have you completely lost your mind?" The lady got angry all of a sudden for no clear reason. "I warned you to erase them. If they find out you have something to do with this the mayor will not rest until he gets rid of you for good. I told you that none of the trails should lead to you directly or else your entire family will be in danger."

Kristen didn't seem intimidated from the lady's threat at first but when she mentioned her family everything changed. "Okay, okay. I'll delete them but I don't understand why we have to be this careful. Once the world sees these pictures the mayor will have no real power left in his hands. He won't be able to do anything to me."

"You're dumber than I thought if you think that's actually what'll happen." The lady responded with a frustrated tone. Then she sighed and continued persuading Kristen. "Look, we can never be too careful. People can't think we had anything to do with mayor's scandal. I'll go now and blur your face from the photos."

"Alright then." Kristen ran her hand through her hair and closed her purse tightly. "If you insist that's how we'll do it."

"I'll get going now." The mysterious lady replied, then quickly grabbed all of her belongings and went to the other way.

Meanwhile Kristen started walking towards my direction and I was finally able to see her on the daylight. Her hair was a complete mess and her lipstick was all over her face. If I had to take a guess I'd probably say that she just got fucked. That's probably what happened but I don't understand why she came to see this lady after she just had sex with her husband. Or maybe it wasn't her husband after all. But that still doesn't explain why she came here.