27 - There's Nothing To Be Afraid Now

Oh my god!

Why the fuck did I say all those things to Andrew yesterday? I think I might be insane.

I mean, in my defense I had eaten a brownie with drugs in it but that's still not good enough excuse for my impulsive and reckless behavior.

He probably hates me now and who could blame him. I was way out of line and I definitely shouldn't have yelled at him. Though I am a little bit surprised by the fact that I still remember all that. I thought that drugs would have the same effect on me as alcohol and I would just forget about everything next morning just like I did about two years ago.

But I guess I wasn't lucky enough this time. I remembered everything and it was so awkward and embarrassing that I don't even want to get up from my bed. How am I supposed to look him in the eyes now?

Great, now I ruined everything and he's never going to forgive me for that. I already lost my real friends and I couldn't even keep my blackmailer to stay by my side. I'm literally the most annoying person on the planet.

I better go and apologize before it's too late. And I'm not just saying this because he knows about my secret and he can tell everyone and easily ruin my entire life. I'm also a little concerned about how our conversation ended. I didn't mean to burst out like that, I should have just told him the truth, that I was only calling Matt from his phone because I didn't have his number and also I wanted to tell him that I didn't like him anymore and I moved on.

I know, that is the stupidest idea I've ever heard, right? But I wasn't thinking straight at that time because of that drugs and I didn't realize how ridiculous my call would be if Matt actually picked up. Thank god he didn't.

Can you imagine how awkward that would be? I mean really, what was I even thinking? Thankfully Andrew came in the room in time to stop me or else... You know what, I don't even want to think about what would happen if he didn't come.

Oh, gosh, I hate apologizing and now I have to say sorry to him. I haven't even said sorry to my actual friends and I wronged them even more than Andrew so this shouldn't be that hard.

I finally got up from my bed but I tried to drag my feet as long as I could since I had this weird feeling in my stomach because I was so anxious and nervous. I despise that feeling, it reminds me of that one time when I was late for class and when I finally got there I didn't see that my shoes were untied so I fell and pretty much everyone was staring and laughing at me, including the teacher. Now that's the moment I'd gladly erase from my memories.

Once I managed to get out of the bedroom I looked around do find Andrew. He wasn't in the hall so I went to check the living room but he wasn't there either. Then I heard two people talking in the kitchen so I followed the noise. I recognized their voices as Andrew's and Sofia's so I tried to open the door but it wasn't as easy as it usually would be. No actually it was surprisingly difficult, not because the door was heavy or anything, I just couldn't bring myself to face my fears.

After a while I finally got inside the kitchen. Both of their eyes diverted towards me. Sofia greeted me with a friendly smile but when Andrew saw me he avoided the eye contact and looked the other way. I sighed and took a few steps to close the distance. I was going to say something to Andrew but Sofia was the first to speak.

"How are you feeling, Jesse?" She asked me.

"Oh, I'm fine." I answered her shortly.

"I'm happy to hear that." Sofia continued as if she was relieved. "Andy was so worried about you that he didn't even eat anything but since you're alright now, I'm sure he'll get back his appetite."