52 - The Love Expert

"So you're telling me that this whole trip was for nothing?"

"Not for nothing. I mean I at least got a chance to visit my friends and I managed to have a civilized conversation with Andrew so I wouldn't exactly say it was for nothing..."

My friend Tae-soo was very invested in my personal life so as soon as I came back to my grandma's house he attacked me with all these questions. Well it wasn't really an attack it was more like a basic human interaction but I was never really good at that so it felt like an interrogation to me.

"Oh, my god, stop leaving out all the juicy details!" Tiffany interrupted me because she couldn't wait to tell Tae-soo all about our trip. Actually she was going to exaggerate practically every minor and unimportant part of our journey so I prepared myself for a long and a painfully awkward situation. "He made up with his boyfriend! And they were alone for quite some time so who knows what else happened!"

Tae-soo gasped with a surprised look on his face and started rubbing his hands against each other. "You sneaky little bugger! I want to know everything, don't leave out even a single moment!"

"For the hundredth time, he's not my boyfriend!" I lost my temper and barely managed not to yell. "You know what, I don't even want to speak with you two." I said and started sticking out my tongue to tease them.

"Oh, c'mon! It's not like I'm lying." Tiffany responded with a smirk and rose her eyebrows. "You guys are my OTP!"

"What the hell is OTP?" I asked out of confusion.

"One true pairing, duh!" She stated. "I've never seen a couple so right for each other. You have to date him no matter what!"

"You do realize that I'm a real person with real feelings, right? You can't just ship me with someone! Also I'm not obligated to date anyone unless I decide to!" I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Besides you didn't even get a chance to talk to him. How do you know he's not some sort of a psycho serial killer? It's very irresponsible for you to just assume things like that out of the blue!"

"I have a pretty good intuition. I can tell that he's a nice guy and he cares about you. You have to hurry or else he might find someone else and you'll end up being heartbroken." Tiffany advised me.

"Um... Well, isn't the whole point of being in a relationship to be together with someone for a really long time? Sorry but if he can't wait for me then he doesn't deserve me. And why would I want to date someone who would just move on only because I asked him to be a little patient. Dating isn't something that should be rushed. I'd like to take my time and really get to know the person before I develop any form of feelings towards them so I won't end up crying in the end. If he doesn't agree with my views then maybe that means that we're not meant for each other. And that's okay too. I never changed my beliefs because of a boy and I'm not planning on doing that now either."

"Wait... I though you said you never had a boyfriend before." Tiffany gave me a suspicious look. "How do you know so much about relationships?"

"I've watched too much of romantic movies to not know about how dating works." I bragged as if that was something to be proud of.

"You know, the movies aren't exactly a very accurate way to represent how the relationships work. You shouldn't have such high expectations or you'll be disappointed in the end. Or worse no one will want to date you because no one will be good enough for your high standards." Tiffany tried to school me.

"Yes, I am aware. And I'm not looking for the one or whatever. Actually I'm not looking for anyone at all. I think it's best if I just focus on myself for now because there's still some stuff I need to work on. I have to learn how to love myself before I decided to get a boyfriend. I don't want to be too dependent on someone else and that's exactly what will happen if I start dating right now." I said as if I were some sort of a love expert. "I don't know where I'm going with this to be honest. I think I may just be tired and that's why I'm talking all this nonsense."