38 - Blondes Have More Fun

The train finally arrived to its destination. When the engine turned off I felt like my heart stopped beating. My hands started shaking and suddenly breathing became so much harder for me.

I was about to take the first step of my new life. Starting now this was going to be the reality. My personal bubble was broken beyond repairing. I had to step out of my comfort zone and learn how to live again.

I knew that this was not a bad thing and I also realized that I should have been grateful that I even got a second chance to start over but I got so used to my everyday routine that even thinking about changing something insignificant in my life gave me an anxiety attack.

I tried my best not to feel terrified but there was no point in that. It was natural that I felt this way but not to this extent. I didn't even know why I was so scared. It's not like this was the first time I came to this town.

I actually lived here long time ago. I went to school and stayed with my grandparents before my parents finally took me away from them.

Why did I live with my grandparents? Because my parents were just teenagers when I was born so my grandma decided she'd take care of me until my parents got a stable job. My grandparents actually lived in my hometown as well at first but my grandpa got a huge job opportunity in this town so we all moved in here except for my mom and dad.

My early childhood years weren't as bad as my older ones. Even though I don't remember much I still have a few of memorable moments I spent here. But now everything was about to change.

My grandmother was never a strict person and she always loved me very deeply but I still had no idea how she reacted when she found out what happened.

Was she going to send me in a mental institution? I guess we're about to find out.

I stepped out of the train and looked around to find my grandma. There was no sign of her anywhere. The train station soon became empty but she still hadn't arrived.

I was starting to get worried if something happened to her or if she just changed her mind and decided to abandon me like everybody else when I saw someone's figure near the entrance.

Soon I was able to recognize my beloved grandmother. Her face was all red and worried. It didn't look like she was in a good mood so I just figured it was because she wasn't happy to see me.

I prepared myself for the worst. I closed my eyes and breathed in heavily and patiently waited for her to come closer and do something horrible like slap me or scream at me but to my surprise none of that happened.

I actually felt a warm body wrapped around me and finally opened up my eyes. The hug was so refreshing and relaxing that I almost felt like I was flying. It was way better than what I expected but I was still so shocked that I wasn't even able to move. I couldn't even wrap my hands around her to hug her back.

She then soon removed her arms from my body and started examining my face. Her eyes became teary once she saw my bruised skin.

"Oh, my sweet innocent boy, what did they do to you?" She finally broke the silence .There was so much sadness in her voice that I couldn't help but feel depressed. "Those monsters! How dare they lay a finger on you! I'm so sorry, darling, I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you. I had no idea everything was so serious."

Her words were so overwhelming that tears just started dripping down my cheeks. I was seriously not expecting her to react this way.

"Grandma..." I cried out. "...I disappointed everyone. Now they all hate me."

She looked me in the eyes and shook her head in denial. "Oh, sweetie, you didn't do anything wrong. If anything it's all my fault. I should have done a better job raising your mother. I wasn't good enough as a parent and now I failed as your grandparent too. I'm so ashamed that I gave birth to that wretched woman."