31 - The First Kiss

2 years ago, Matt's party.

Andrew's POV.

"What do you mean you can't come? Don't be so lame, c'mon Andrew you have to be here!" Briana was begging me from the phone to go to Matt's party but I really wasn't in the mood and just wanted to stay home.

I got so tired after the football practice that I didn't have energy to do anything else anymore. Don't get me wrong I love football but sometimes it gets exhausting. My dad wants me to become a great player but I'm not sure I want the same. I mean, I am great at sports but there are other things that I'm good at, like math.

I'm not too worried about that right now because I still have a lot of time to think about what I want to do in the future.

"I'm really tired Bri," I tried to dodge the bullet. "I just want to stay at home and watch TV."

"Oh, please," She tried to convince me. "You can do all that during the weekend. There's this new girl in our school that I want you to meet. She's so kind and pretty. I think you two will make a great couple."

Briana keeps trying to set me up with these girls even though I keep telling her that I don't want to. She says it's not natural for a horny teenage boy to not be obsessed with girls but I'm truly not that interested. I always tell her to piss off but she gets upset and we've been friends since forever so I don't want her to feel bad. I know that she means well but to be frank she can be really annoying sometimes.

"Now I'm definitely not coming!" I really wanted to hang up at that moment but I didn't want to seem rude so I waited for her response.

"You have to come!" She practically jumped out through the phone. "I already told her you were gonna be here."

"What? Why would you do that?" I complained. "Regardless, that isn't my problem. I already told you that I wasn't interested in dating. I'm very busy with football and I don't have time to waste."

"No, Andrew, please." Now she changed her tone, sounding really soft and tempting. "I don't want to seem like a lair. Can't you do me one favor just this time. I never ask you for anything."

"Ugh..." I really wanted to say no but my consciousness kept telling me that I was acting like a jerk and I felt kind of guilty. "Fine but this is going to be the last time I'm doing anything for you."

"Yay!" She started celebrating.

"Who is this girl anyways?" I asked even though I wasn't really curious, I just wanted to prepare myself for the awkward conversation with her. And I also wanted to quickly and politely tell her I wasn't interested and leave as soon as possible.

"Um... I don't know much about her, if I'm being honest." Off to a great start! "Her name's Violet. She just transferred to our school. But she seems really nice and she's also very beautiful."

"Is that so?" I pretended to sound enthusiastic even though I was dying inside.

"Yeah," Briana didn't get the message so her tone remained as cheerful as ever. "So come quickly!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever" I Replied. "I'm hanging up now."

I didn't wait for her response and ended the call. Then I went to my room and opened the closet searching for something to wear. There were quite a lot of options, one better than the other, but I chose the least good looking one because I wanted to look as underwhelming as possible. I didn't even bother looking in the mirror or adjusting my hair.

I dragged my feet to the garage and sat inside my car. Once I started the car and left my house I felt even more tired and started yawning. Matt's house wasn't very far from mine so it didn't take me that long to get there. When I got out of my car I heard loud music bursting through the windows. I even saw a couple kissing on the second floor and rolled my eyes.